Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/2000
Av(Aperture Value) 6.3
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 640
Auto ISO Speed ON
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm
The hares are active now so I went to see what I could find. This is one of several shots during the chase, it wasn't easy keeping up with them!

Glennie Passier
03-12-2016, 12:17 AM
These hares look like they're running late for the Tea Party! Not quite leopards, lions or elephants, but full of action. I bet it was hard work to keep up.

Thank you for sharing!

Ihtisham Kabir
03-12-2016, 02:23 AM
Hi Jonathan, What I like most about this photograph is the different poses (or phases) of running that you have caught for different hares, in a nicely separated way. It reminds me of Muybridge's work a little. Technique is great. If I were working with this photograph I would make it more of a pano crop by lopping off from the top and bottom as the OOF grass does not add much for me. Thanks for sharing. Ihtisham

haseeb badar
03-12-2016, 04:43 AM
Hi Jonathan -- I liked the symmetry and must have been tough to capture this frame , they are real swift creatures, well done on the that . I too think a slight crop from the top is required to give it more of a pano crop, which might work here. You have handled the light quite well also the colours look good to me .

TFS !

Rachel Hollander
03-12-2016, 07:17 AM
Hi Jon - When I first saw the thumbnail I thought maybe you had done a composite of a single rabbit running. When I opened the image and realized it was a group of 4 chasing each other the wow factor increased exponentially! Well done to keep up with them and to get all 4 relatively sharp. The low pov is excellent and I agree with that a pano crop would work as a good alternative.

TFS,
Rachel

keith mitchell
03-12-2016, 07:57 AM
Give yourself a pat on the back mate getting 4 in the frame takes some doing,different leg action on each one adds to the action.
Off to jump into my car to see if I can find some.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
03-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Hello Jon,

This is sweet, love the chase and I find the subjects absolutely adorable. I perceive a cheerful mood here although I realise this foursome might be trying to solve a serious territorial issue:)

Well captured and processed, indeed great POV, good colours. Going more pano would be very cool but IMO this could affect the IQ of the image.

Have a great evening, Jon!

Kind regards,

Andre Pretorius
03-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Hi Jon

Stunning!
I too would suggest pano, or cut it in 4 images, and post in Story Sequences......:tinysmile_shy_t:

Stuart Philpott
03-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Cor, John, this is no easy thing to frame well done mate I'll await the boxing shot's next:w3. It's kicking down here too buddy, we were fortunate to see the most sustained boxing we have ever seen last weekend, fur was flying,but out of reach for my FL sadly. I'll defer to advice given on crop ,just know how cool this take is.
Seriously cracking John good for you sir

Stu

Basil Dardagan
03-12-2016, 11:11 PM
My first thoughts were identical to Rachels ! I can only imagine how difficult it must have been to get this image ! Top top class imho

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-13-2016, 02:34 AM
Jon, you did a superb job keeping up with these cute creatures. Nicely timed, nice light and comp.

Steve Kaluski
03-13-2016, 09:23 AM
Hi Jon, is this a composite image?

I think it was a good choice as it conveys the chase very well, the issue you have is clarity/sharpness as it appears the very left & right looks a bit soft? I might suggest going more pano with less above?

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
03-13-2016, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone much appreciated.