PDA

View Full Version : Black-hooded Oriole

Ihtisham Kabir
03-10-2016, 10:59 PM
I was walking to a favourite birding spot when I saw this one jumping around in a tree - it flew off quickly. In Narayanganj, Bangladesh.

1/2500 s / iso 2000/ f5.6/ 1dm4+500mmf4II; basic post to improve contrast and worked on the eyes a bit.

arash_hazeghi
03-11-2016, 01:47 AM
handsome bird with nice yellow plumage, you got a great dynamic pose too with him in the air! The IQ isn't great, I am not sure if the RAW was a bit soft or application of noise reduction has affected the details. The BG wasn't ideal here which distracts from the subject.

TFS

Ihtisham Kabir
03-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Thanks for your feedback Arash. The two large bright spots in the bg on top right of the bird can be ameliorated a little more. Not sure what happened to IQ - I use global noise reduction in Lightroom 3 which is the best I have found. Have not had much luck with NR in photoshop, hence not doing much of selective NR. Maybe I will start from scratch and make another attempt at post - image is certainly worth it.

Stu Bowie
03-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Hi Ihtisham, striking colour on this fellow, and well timed to have captured the 'hop'. Im surprised you have motion blur on the feet for such a fast ss, and agree, some NR on the BG wont harm the image.

arash_hazeghi
03-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Thanks for your feedback Arash. The two large bright spots in the bg on top right of the bird can be ameliorated a little more. Not sure what happened to IQ - I use global noise reduction in Lightroom 3 which is the best I have found. Have not had much luck with NR in photoshop, hence not doing much of selective NR. Maybe I will start from scratch and make another attempt at post - image is certainly worth it.

You shouldn't be doing global heavy NR as it will annihilate the feather details. It seems you need some help with post processing. Do you have the DPP 4 Guide?