PDA

View Full Version : My what big teeth you have !!!

Basil Dardagan
03-06-2016, 07:36 AM
North of Nossob again. Same male from my previous post. Would love some more space on top however this is almost full frame. (Also im VERY embarrassed to admit that on my recent KTP trip I VERY STUPIDLY dident realize my camera had reset to 'JPEG only' when I changed a memory card so I fear that is hampering the pp)

Canon 1d4
70-200mm
f3.5

Rachel Hollander
03-06-2016, 08:03 AM
Hi Basil - Fantastic mating action and capturing the snarl. You handled the dappled light well. Yes, a little tight at the top. If it were mine I would tame the highlights a bit more. Too bad about shooting on jpeg only. Btw please specify which is ISO and which is ss in the future.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-06-2016, 08:11 AM
Amazing expression and action. Agree reg toning down the highlights a bit. Those teeth are awesome indeed.

Marc Mol
03-06-2016, 08:30 AM
A cracking mating action shot here Basil, and just goes to show how good a Jpeg can be IF you nail your exposure. :5

Hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of running this through some TK mid tone adj's and changed that sky BG from a purple/magenta hue to a blue, WDYT?

TFS

Andre Pretorius
03-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Hi Basil

So nice to have the action in your face!
Added some canvas above using content aware.
Bit more mid-tone contrast with USM and TK MT3 as layer mask.
Brightness down a bit with same mask.
Borders on over sharpening..
WDYT?

Stu Bowie
03-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Hi Basil, excellent action here, and I wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of either set of teeth. I like Marc's repost. If you are ok with it, adding extra canvas on top wouldnt have been too difficult, due to being all sky. :w3

Gabriela Plesea
03-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Hello Basil!

Thank you for delighting us with your recent images! Wonderful to have this awesome lion pair mating close-by, and not much vegetation in the way. Love the POV and superb expression from the two characters.

So sorry about the "jpeg" issue. It will never happen again I am sure, one only does this once:) IMO this could not/ should not have happened while inserting a new memory card, more likely you were trying to change ISO or another setting while shooting?

Super capture, that bit of canvas added in Andre's RP works for me and some mid-tone contrast help the subjects stand out beautifully. I am extremely happy to see you post again and hope you don't mind us nitpickers wanting to change this and that, small things do make a difference.
So looking forward to more from you, keep them coming please:cheers:

Hope you have a wonderful week ahead,

Warmest regards,

haseeb badar
03-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Hi Basil -- This is a stunner ! what a cracking image ! you have nailed it perfectly almost ( the highlight part was the only issue and some space at the top ) but the action is way too overwhelming here especially the saliva spewing out . I too liked what Marc has done in his RP .

TFS !

keith mitchell
03-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Hi Basil--it really is good the way you have caught this action, think Marc's just adds a little warmth but I would be pleased to have either of them.

Keith.

Mike Poole
03-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Cracking shot with the fantastic interaction. My first thoughts were the colours are a little thin but Marcs RP has fixed that,

Mike

Morkel Erasmus
03-11-2016, 09:30 AM
Cracking action and setting here, Basil - good poses and light too.
I like what the others have done in reposts, prefer Marc's as it has nice oomph to it...