PDA

View Full Version : Madonina

Marc Mol
03-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Madonina is a solo 2 yr old leopardess, in the process of stalking Impala, she turned around and looked soulfully at me as if to say..... "can I get back around your vehicle to give me some cover please":bg3:

I had the good fortune to witness her hunt on 3 different mornings, just a thrill to see her in action, and like most days here on my Ruaha sojourn it was in rainy conditions, there was a small break in the weather

to grant me this majestic look back pose. She was still in the apprentice stage of her hunting skills, and in some follow up submissions, you can see how she fared.:w3

A touch tight perhaps but this is F/F.

D4s Nikkor 400 f/2.8E FL f/4 1/500s ISO5600. bean bag from front pax seat, curves, levels, TK mid tone adj, ACR & PS CC'15.

Ruaha Nat Park- Tanzania.

Cheers
Marc

Morkel Erasmus
03-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Cracking clarity, sharpness and contrast/colour in this one mate.
Only thing I would look at is some blue cast in her eyes? I think reducing that would make them pop even more?

steve torna
03-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Her whiskers are amazing and it is a sharp beautiful portrait. I am used to seeing intense focused kind of portraits of leopards so seeing one with a softer soulful look as you describer her is interesting. It shows me another side of this cat, a gentle-like demeanor from one of the stealthiest predators on earth. Super!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-05-2016, 02:56 AM
A lovely pose of this leopard with very nice details and BG. Nice HA too with good look at those eyes and whiskers. TFS.

haseeb badar
03-05-2016, 04:45 AM
Hi MArc -- lovely image ! I liked the way you have framed it. Nice details and sharpness and with that stare into the camera makes this image for me . I agree with Morkel's suggestion .

TFS !

Rachel Hollander
03-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Hi Marc - What a great pleading look in the eyes! Agree with Morkel but this just works.

TFS,
Rachel

dankearl
03-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Whoa, incredible detail and look in the eyes. Great portrait....

Gabriela Plesea
03-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Marc, Madonina is so beautiful!

Incredible that pink nose, long whiskers, and those lovely eyes! Superb pose, oh yes it works for me too. Love the comp and the way she fills the frame. I don't mind the blues in the pupils that much, might be just a reflection from the sky? Just check the white of the eyes (near the pupils) a bit more blue in that section of her L eye, than the other.

Superb capture, hope you gave her the "cover" she was asking for?:w3 I am loving this, hope you print it big, congrats Marc!

Kind regards,

Basil Dardagan
03-06-2016, 06:18 AM
This is just special .............pink nose , beautiful whiskers and incredible eyes make it for me !! Def a different feel to the usual leopard image and it works a treat ! The green background also compliments everything so well

Andre Pretorius
03-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Hi Marc

Love the comp! S-shape leopard with a built in broom at mouth..

It looks that as the cats get older their whiskers wear down faster than their teeth!

I found that when I use different TK- luminosity masks, after changes, I group the layers, then apply a painted mask on the group for subject only.
Just my take..

Stu Bowie
03-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Hi Marc, love the look back pose, and perfect focus on her face. Love those big eyes, and nicely separated from the BG.

Marc Mol
03-07-2016, 01:32 AM
I found that when I use different TK- luminosity masks, after changes, I group the layers, then apply a painted mask on the group for subject only.
Just my take..

Yes Andre, that's exactly my workflow as well with TK actions :5