PDA

View Full Version : Theme Wind Swept Winter Red Fox

steve torna
03-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Wind Swept Winter Red Fox, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, February 13, 2016. Canon 5D III, 100-400mm IS Mark II, ISO 800, 1/2000 second @ f/8, 3871 x 2422. Processed in LR, several sticks cloned out from the left upper corner; I intentionally did not saturate or add color as I wanted to maintain the vixen's beautiful pale fur. The weather was dramatic and unpredictable; I experienced blizzard conditions, calm snow, heavy winds, sleet, and warm sunny periods as well. During my time with this little fox, the wind was typical Rocky Mountain variety reaching 50 miles per hour. Once I reviewed my images, I was very pleased to see that her wind swept fur reproduced very well.

keith mitchell
03-02-2016, 04:02 AM
"the wind was typical Rocky Mountain variety reaching 50 miles per hour. "great the way you have captured this with the blown fur Steve ,think it's good that you stay true to the colour showing how Foxes differ. Lovely shot of this Fox in it's habitat. .

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
03-02-2016, 12:27 PM
This is lovely, Steve!
A beauty of a fox, well captured, nice techs too. Love that bit of detail on the snow in the BG. Well processed and good detail, all in all a wonderful image:cheers:

Thank you so much for sharing, a pleasure to view.

Kind regards,

Basil Dardagan
03-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Absolutely love this wild beautiful image that tells me so much about an animal I have never seen and place I have never been !!!!

Jonathan Ashton
03-02-2016, 04:28 PM
A beautiful image showing this impressive little animal off to its very best - congratulations I think it is superb.

D. Robert Franz
03-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Love the feel of this image. Very well done. I wanted to get to the Tetons having heard of this fox while in Yellowstone but couldn't swing it....

Rachel Hollander
03-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Hi Steve - This works very well. I like the windblown look, walking pose and pano crop. Maybe just a sliver more room on the left if you have it but not a deal breaker. Thanks for participating in the theme.

TFS,
Rachel

Stu Bowie
03-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Hi Steve, lovely low perspective here, and you certainly captured your description of blustery winds. Love the wind swept fur, and the colour of the fox against your winter BG.

Anette Mossbacher
03-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Hi Stev, lovely setting. Love the all around snow, this lets the fox pop up nicely. I as well like the wind in the fur. Very well done. I am fine with the room on the left, as the chap walks to the other side :)

have a great weekend

ciao Anette

Morkel Erasmus
03-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Love the low angle and the wind-swept look here, Steve! Great image.
I would be tempted to add some local contrast to the subject just to make the midtones and blacks pop a bit more...

Marc Mol
03-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Great low POV, and nice detail in that wind blown fur Steve, Morkels midtone contrast adj is a good suggestion.

TFS

haseeb badar
03-05-2016, 04:15 AM
Hi Steve -- quite late to join on this but a wonderful image . nice pattern in the BKG on snow , also the low POV and colours makes this image for me , great going and TFS !

Karen Pleasant
03-21-2016, 03:10 PM
Quite a lovely image and one to be very proud of! Lovely sense of movement to the fur and her striding across the snow in the winter. Agree with Rachel that a tad more on the left would be nice...but not a deal breaker.