1/2000
f/8
ISO 800
5D III
100mm

Morkel Erasmus
03-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Hi Doc.
Good that you got the drongo here as it adds some interest. Typical busy, bushy shrubland of the Chobe riverbanks and beyond.
The busy surrounds does detract a bit, but nothing you could have done differently. Elephant is nicely separated despite it.
Perhaps tone brightest highlights a bit?

Gabriela Plesea
03-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Hello Sanjeev,

I am happy with this as presented and I must say the little Drongo is the cherry on top:) Love these clever birds and I feed them peanuts here at home, in case you did not know - they love bacon too!

Good detail/ sharpness on the ellie, lovely colours, nice framing - a very pleasing image overall. Just wondering about DOF, you could have gone for less, perhaps? Me thinking a softer BG would make the ellie stand out more. Sorry for nit-picking, it's a habit I picked up here on BPN, LOL. It's all Andreas's fault:t3

Have a good evening, Sanjeev!

Kind regards,

Rachel Hollander
03-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Hi Sanjeev - This works well and is nicely processed. The drongo and tree balance the frame. You should have posted it yesterday for last month's theme.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Thanks Morkel, Gabriela & Rachel. Yes I could have gone for a shallower DOF and I didn't know drongo's liked peanuts and bacon :bg3: Rachel, I missed posting this a day prior, should have posted this instead of the lioness image :e3 But glad the Drongo added interest to this image. Cheers.

D. Robert Franz
03-02-2016, 06:35 PM
I like this well enough as presented..

haseeb badar
03-05-2016, 04:02 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Works for me ! Nice image with the drongo adding to the frame. I might have cropped a fraction from the RHS but not a deal breaker as presented .

TFS !