PDA

View Full Version : Focus on the fly!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-28-2016, 07:57 AM
Dear friends,
First of all let me thank you for your immense support and encouragement on the site to help me reach a stage I could only dream of. Am so honoured, excited and elated at being chosen the IOTY Wildlife for 2015! I am sharing another image from the series which I will cherish all my life.
Here the leopard was focused on the bug with all his whiskers pointing up. Hope you like it.
7D II
500 II
1/400
f/8
ISO 800

Rachel Hollander
02-28-2016, 10:25 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Congrats again on the IOTY, well deserved! This is cute and well processed but for me the one that you won for is just a notch above due to the eye contact and engaging the viewer. For some reason I also find the little yellow grass above the elbow more of a distraction here.

TFS,
Rachel

Andre Pretorius
02-28-2016, 11:48 AM
Hi Sanjeev
Congrats on your achievement!
Love the pose of this cat and the low POV works.
Agree with Rachel re the elbow.
F8 give just the right DOF.

dankearl
02-28-2016, 11:53 AM
These are very nice intimate poses you have captured.
I might darken/sharpen the flies a bit.

Gabriela Plesea
02-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Hello Sanjeev,

Another delightful capture of this cute fellow who gave you the IOTY winning frame! I congratulate you again for your achievement, and a big thank you for your contribution to BPN Wildlife.

This is a very attractive image, well exposed and nice detail coming through. Lovely framing and colours and that BG is fantastic. If it bothers you, that little yellow grassy bit can be removed - I am afraid I too find it a tad distracting.
You have shared a number of superb images lately and I hope you keep delighting us with more, wishing you lots of opportunities in the future:cheers:

Warmest regards,

haseeb badar
02-29-2016, 02:10 AM
Big Congrats Sanjeev -- Very well deserved , we all enjoyed that series immensely , finest images on this forum and this one is no exception. Brilliantly done and best wishes for all your future endeavors !

TFS !

Mike Poole
02-29-2016, 03:24 PM
Congratulations on your IOTY Sanjeev.

I think if you hadn't posted your other frame we'd all be raving about this shot, as on it's own it is indeed excellent, but as mentioned the other one just has that little extra with the eye contact.

This is still one I'd love to have in my files though, so playful, and well executed.

Mike