Lions bonding in the shade at Chobe NP.
1/1000
f/7.1
ISO 800
5D III
100-400 II @ 220mm

Rachel Hollander
02-26-2016, 07:37 PM
Hi Sanjeev - Techs and pp look good. I think I would have zoomed in a bit more to avoid some of the distracting plants, stems and brighter grass in the fg and then the clipped tails wouldn't matter either.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
02-27-2016, 02:41 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Agree with Rachel regarding the FG , also to me the BG is quite cluttered and not adding to the image , some how not working for me. Sorry !
TFS !

keith mitchell
02-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Sanjeev agree with the above.but must say I do like the pose showing such affection.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
02-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Hello Sanjeev!

Superb pose from those two siblings and the techs look good, nice PP work too. You must have some close-ups as well, but I quite like this tender and playful scene you have captured.

Lion cubs are extremely affectionate to each other, despite the odd squabble when feeding. They often establish relationships that last well into adulthood and I have often seen adult males grooming each other and resting together in close proximity. Those two subadults are simply delightful and I can understand what motivated you to share as it appeals to me tremendously despite the busy FG. Lovely scene depicting behaviour of the species and a well exposed and processed image despite the not-so-favourable lighting conditions. Should you be able to darken the FG a bit, be it by burning, lowering exposure, or other means, this area would become more consistent with the rest of the image IMO.

Thank you for sharing Sanjeev, I enjoyed viewing, appreciate this post.

Kind regards,

Basil Dardagan
02-27-2016, 03:22 PM
Lovely moment that imho could have more impact with a tighter crop. My thought process was like .............lovely moment pity about the cut tails. However if you cropped tighter that would no longer be an issue (as Rachael has already pointed out)

Morkel Erasmus
02-29-2016, 03:43 AM
It's a cool moment for sure, and I think technically you handled it well Doc.
I agree with Haseeb, though, that it's just not doing much for me - not just because of the cluttered BG, but mostly because it just didn't jump out at me on first viewing.
I think you could perhaps do better with a closer crop to focus on the moment?