PDA

View Full Version : Young Lion

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-24-2016, 02:12 PM
Hi All,
Have not posted a lion in a while so fished out one from my files.
A juvenile lion from my Chobe NP trip last year.
1/1250
f/8
ISO 400
7D II
500mm II L

keith mitchell
02-24-2016, 03:00 PM
Santeev that's one very fixed stare certainly got it's eye on something, texture and fur on the animal looks really good, not really up on the tec bits but wonder about a little more at the top if you had it.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
02-24-2016, 04:12 PM
Hello Sanjeev,

Lion cubs are really cute but so scruffy looking at this age:)

Very well captured and some subtle PP work, nice colours and tones, I like the detail, sharpening is great. Pose is superb and those focused eyes make the image for me.

Great techs Sanjeev, so is the comp - such a lovely portrayal of a hungry lion cub. Was his Mom nearby?
This truly touches me, thank you from the heart for sharing. I have a soft spot for those lion boys and I find your image as presented very appealing:5

Warmest regards,

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-24-2016, 10:30 PM
Dear Gabriela, yes his mom was around. He looked so lean and hungry as you rightly noticed. He was a part of a pride of about 10 lions.

Morkel Erasmus
02-25-2016, 03:05 AM
Hi Sanjeev.
Nice pose and you handled the light well to get a decent exposure - I would play with the eyes slightly, trying to lighten them without it looking unnatural?
Was this on a game drive in Chobe or from the boats?

haseeb badar
02-25-2016, 03:11 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- Nice to see you posting . I like this simple image . nice details and sharpness . I too wish for some more space at the top .

TFS !

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-25-2016, 03:29 AM
Morkel. This was from a vehicle safari at Chobe. We got real close to the lions while they were resting in a shade. Sadly, no more space above.

Rachel Hollander
02-25-2016, 07:26 AM
Hi Sanjeev - Nice intense stare. My first thought was the same as Morkel's - lighten the eyes slightly (being careful not to overdo it). The pose works. Yes, a little tight but not a deal breaker.

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
02-25-2016, 09:08 AM
Good techs, quality and lighting here Sanjeev, would agree on a touch more lighting on the eyes (keeping it as natural as possible) as others have suggested.

Not sure if a lower POV would have been possible?

TFS

Andreas Liedmann
02-25-2016, 02:08 PM
Hi Sanjeev , lovely shot of the poor looking youngster , agree a bit skinny the little guy .
Lovely detail , tone and color . Nice handling of the light situation and very nicely processed . Agree about the eyes , but just a tiny bit .
I am fine with the crop as presented .

Nice work Doc , TFS Andreas

Basil Dardagan
02-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Such special little creatures ! Def agree about a little more subtle light in the eyes and imho the crop works as is