PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Head At The House Of Refuge #2

Don Lacy
02-24-2016, 12:03 PM
So my goal this year was to shoot more images of the interior of Florida but unfortunately this is a severe El Nino year and for Florida that means a very rainy dry season so none of the creeks, rivers, and lakes I was hoping to photograph are low enough for good photo opportunities. I will be camping in the Glades for a couple days next week so until then I will have to keep posting Seascapes I hope your not getting bored of them:S3: So I have been watching a blending tutorial by Sean Bagshaw one of my favorite landscape photographers http://www.outdoorexposurephoto.com and have picked up a lot of useful tips which I used on this three image blend from the House Of Refuge on Hutchinson Island.

Canon 6d, 16-35 f/4 IS, Manual Mode, ISO 100, Three images hand blended in PS

steve torna
02-24-2016, 01:43 PM
Hi Don, The soft glow on the rocks, pastel sky and the way the tide kisses the beach is just beautiful. The image holds my gaze and interest. Nothing to say other that this is just lovely and graceful! steve

Don Railton
02-24-2016, 11:09 PM
Hi Don, Well done.. its Beautiful! I love the peace and tranquility radiating from this..

Don

Adhika Lie
02-26-2016, 02:41 AM
Ah, Don. Always amazed with your seascape. Florida coast offers this beautiful storm clouds that one on the West Coast could only imagine. Very balanced composition. I like the storm cloud in the middle with the rock formation sorta framing it. Beautiful color and tonality, too!

Diane Miller
02-26-2016, 11:24 PM
I echo that Left Coast envy!! Gorgeous -- I'm not getting tired of these shots -- they are fantastic!! Amazing light on the rocks here!

dankearl
02-28-2016, 09:14 AM
The color you have on the rocks is just over the top... I might be tempted to amp up the color a bit in the central cloud.

Andrew McLachlan
02-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Keep the seascapes coming Don...they are all beautifully done...love the rocks in the foreground here and the colors in the sky and clouds is fantastic!

Morkel Erasmus
03-04-2016, 04:24 PM
There's an ethereal quality to this shot that just makes me stare...