PDA

View Full Version : Emerald season leopardess

Marc Mol
02-24-2016, 11:54 AM
It's not called the "Emerald" season in Ruaha Nat Park for nothing :bg3:

Just back from a very, very wet Tanzania, which made for some interesting wet & green wildlife portraits such as this 2 yr old leopardess called "Madonina" patrolling her territory.

A small butterfly in her FOV briefly grabs her attention.

Nikon D4s Nikkor 400 f/2.8E FL +1.4tc f/5.6 1/1000s ISO1800 Curves, levels, almost F/F, bean bag from front pax seat. ACR & PS CC'15.

Ruaha Nat Park- Tanzania

Cheers

Marc

Andreas Liedmann
02-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Hi Marc welcome back hope you had fun in wet Tanzania , image looks great .
Love the overall colors , pose of the subject and the bee is a priceless addition to the image content with leopard looking at that bee.
Nice work .

TFS Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-24-2016, 02:17 PM
Wow, rich colours and I like the look on the leopards face & its raised tail. Nice sighting indeed.

keith mitchell
02-24-2016, 02:55 PM
Magnificent animal springing from a sea of green, great detail especially those whiskers.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
02-24-2016, 03:57 PM
Hello Marc,

Truly magnificent leopard and I love the framing, Madonina stands out beautifully among the rich vegetation! The little butterfly adds so much to this image, well captured and some nice PP work here, great IQ, wonderful presentation! It all just works so well, superb capture Marc, keep them coming!!!

Kind regards,

haseeb badar
02-25-2016, 03:04 AM
Hi Marc -- You always come up with great images , again a leopard image is special but that bee makes this image a special one . I liked the settings here , with the leopard emerging out of it and giving that look to the bee . I loved this one in all aspects .

TFS !

Morkel Erasmus
02-25-2016, 04:36 AM
Just love this Marc, and the butterfly adds something special. Nice low POV too.
Looking forward to more from your trip! :5

Wish it was "green season" in Southern Africa as the lowveld (Kruger) and the Zululand regions are in dire need of consistent rain - first green sprouts from December's brief respite have been scorched to death by the sun and the prognosis for wildlife is not good.

Rachel Hollander
02-25-2016, 07:20 AM
Hi Marc - Welcome back and a great start to the images from your trip. I like the lush green, sharp leopard and the butterfly just takes it up a notch.

TFS,
Rachel

Basil Dardagan
02-27-2016, 01:20 AM
Such a gorgeous image !!!!! The sea of brilliant green and the butterfly are what make it really special in my opinion

steve torna
02-27-2016, 10:04 AM
Looks very sharp and I like the bokeh. Usually I do not like to see a ton of OOF foreground but in this instance the out of focus foliage softens, frames, creates mystery and definitely adds a very intimate perspective. steve

Andre Pretorius
02-28-2016, 12:27 PM
Hi Marc
Love this cat!
Comp works with bee/butterfly capturing her attention.
The green grass is enhanced with the water droplets and the wet coat of the cat.
Ticks must have been a pest!
Stunning capture!

Marc Mol
02-29-2016, 05:23 AM
Many thanks for the positive comments everyone, much appreciated.

Usually I do not like to see a ton of OOF foreground

Nor me Steve, however this situation required keeping the virtual legs in play.

Ticks must have been a pest!

Not as bad as one would have thought Andre...............most got washed away in the torrential downpours & flooding! :Whoa!: :bg3: