PDA

View Full Version : Green Tree Iguana

Geoffrey Montagu
02-23-2016, 04:05 PM
From last years trip to the Peruvian Amazon. We were in a skiff maneuvering through the tangle of vines and having my gear mounted on a monopod, made for some interesting habitat photographs. Yes I might prefer less out of focus vines and branches, but this is where they hang out. C&C welcome.

D4S, Nikon 500mm f4, 1/640s, f 9.0, ISO 320, Monopod.

Removed an out of focus vine intersecting the Iguanas beautiful face in Cs6.

Geoffrey

keith mitchell
02-23-2016, 04:14 PM
Geoffrey looks like you did a very good job removing the vine must say I would not have noticed, think this is one of those shots where the reptile looks good among it's habitat, certainly relaxed.

Keith.

Rachel Hollander
02-23-2016, 08:20 PM
Hi Geoffrey - Again, it's nice to see a different species. The sharpness on this one looks better. I do find some of the oof vines to be distracting, particularly the closer one going diagonally up from left to right. I thought a vertical crop could work so here's a rp. I'm not sure about the colors because there seems to be a bit more cyan and blue than I would expect. You can see it in some of the whites on the tree. I tried reducing both and then giving the image a slight bit more punch. WDYT?

TFS,
Rachel

keith mitchell
02-24-2016, 04:09 AM
Geoffrey I think Rachel's repost is interesting.
Keith.

Geoffrey Montagu
02-24-2016, 07:47 AM
Hi Geoffrey - Again, it's nice to see a different species. The sharpness on this one looks better. I do find some of the oof vines to be distracting, particularly the closer one going diagonally up from left to right. I thought a vertical crop could work so here's a rp. I'm not sure about the colors because there seems to be a bit more cyan and blue than I would expect. You can see it in some of the whites on the tree. I tried reducing both and then giving the image a slight bit more punch. WDYT?

TFS,
Rachel

Hi Rachel, I like your crop too. I might also work on removing that diagonal vine. As for the cyan and blue, I did underexpose the image, so in opening in post it may have shifted the colors a bit, but the lichen on the trees and colors on some of his skin are towards the cyan and blue. I do like the amount you've removed in the rp however. Thanks for your keen eye.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey Montagu
02-24-2016, 07:49 AM
Geoffrey I think Rachel's repost is interesting.
Keith.

Keith, I agree.

Geoffrey

Marc Mol
02-24-2016, 12:10 PM
Nicely seen Geoffery with good detail here,

agree on the good job of removing the closer vine and Rachel's RP is a good alternate composition.

haseeb badar
02-25-2016, 02:57 AM
Hi Geoffrey -- Great to see this creature , it is amazing colours . I like Rachel's Rp here , makes it a better image . Also you have done a great job in removing the wine intersecting its face .

TFS !

Geoffrey Montagu
02-25-2016, 11:53 AM
Thanks everyone. Appreciate your compliments and suggestions.

Geoffrey

Basil Dardagan
02-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Love all the sharp detail in the Iguanas skin !!!!