PDA

View Full Version : Mother love

Andreas Liedmann
02-23-2016, 06:04 AM
Hi folks just another image from my intense Grey Seal shooting in januar on Helgoland .
This little guy just 2 days old , still not very powerful and flexible in movement , was waiting for mum to return to the beach to get fed .Sometimes he seemed to be too tired to even suck the milk :t3.
But he was growing fast in the 3 days i saw him ..... sadly i missed the birth by a couple of hours .My guess was that this would be the last pup for this season , as all the females i saw had already given birth and the bulls did not look after them . A clear sign that they are already pregnant again .... after the mating . As with this female and another one i posted already , a dominant big bull was hanging around them .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 200-400 IS L with TC engaged
HH

F 8 ; Iso 3200 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; cropped for comp from all sides , i might go in tighter with the crop ... but i do not want to pixel bash , so i think the crop does work as presented .

Thanks fro watching and commenting to my previous thread .
Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
02-23-2016, 01:03 PM
Hello Andreas!

This grabs me big time! Love the rich colours, the deep blue of the sea in the BG, the golden fur, the silky appearance of the little fellow. Great composition emphasising a very tender moment, the delicate appearance of the young seal so suggestive of his vulnerability. The light also contributes to the overall "feel" of the frame, nice DOF and both subjects super sharp, detail galore, nice framing and presentation, let's not forget the appropriate title. It just works so well, Andreas, what a pleasure to view - thank you so much for this post:cheers:

Warmest regards,

keith mitchell
02-23-2016, 04:18 PM
Andreas I think Gabriela's contribution to your image covers my thoughts better than I could myself, you certainly have brought back some excellent shots.

Keith.

Rachel Hollander
02-23-2016, 08:24 PM
Hi Andreas - I think this one works quite well. I like the interaction, the low pov and the vivid colors. If it were mine I would not crop in tighter, I would leave it as is.

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
02-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Excellent detail, low POV, colour and wonderful warm lighting here Andreas,

ideally would have liked a slightly better H/A on mum, but not too much of a deal breaker.

Cheers
Marc

haseeb badar
02-25-2016, 02:54 AM
Hi Andreas -- Beautiful scene 1 Nice tender moment , which is very well composed , no need to go any tighter . the colours an the pebbles in the FG makes this a lovely image . also a nice informative intro .

TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
02-25-2016, 09:41 AM
Thanks so much folks for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Marc i agree with you about the head/ shooting angle , i would also have loved a more parallel angle . But i was working very sensitive by not moving much on ground , to keep my disturbance as low as possible .So took what i can get .... given by my chosen position .
In the first days after birth the mums are reacting mostly very nervous when it comes to human presence , so i tried to minimize my impact .

Thanks again , Andreas

Basil Dardagan
02-27-2016, 02:49 PM
Besides being technically great this image oozes feeling which is my favourite part