View Full Version : Tree Creeper

William Dickson
02-22-2016, 01:47 PM
5D Mk3
f/4 500mm with 1.4
f/5.6
1/320
ISO 3200

I returned yesterday from a trip to Cairngorm, which was very successful. I got Snow Buntings on the mountain, and Crested Tits, along with other birds, including this Tree Creeper, in the pine forests. As you can see from my camera settings, the light was very poor, it snowed everyday, as well as sleet. But well worth it :S3:

Will

Stu Bowie
02-22-2016, 02:02 PM
Hi Will, the first thing that strikes me in this image are all the curved lines, especially the pose of the Tree creeper. Good detail on the little guy, and I like the colours on his plumage. If it wasnt for the whites on his chest, he would be very well camouflaged. Well captured.

Can I pass you some high 36 deg C temps your way. Thats we have here every day, with no rain.:w3

Lorant Voros
02-22-2016, 02:21 PM
I also like all the curves in the image and the general feel...wet and cold. Very very expressive. Well done getting out in the miserable weather; indeed it was worth the effort.

Jim Crosswell
02-22-2016, 03:39 PM
I like the wet look, perch, details, composition and great view of the foot. Very well done Will!

Joseph Przybyla
02-22-2016, 04:18 PM
Lovely image, Will. Nice color and detail on the bird, it's colors help to camouflage it against the bark. Nice work, thank you for sharing.

Geoffrey Montagu
02-22-2016, 04:46 PM
Drenched! This is great William. Love the angled pose and bark of the tree/perch. I think the grey, rainy day provided you with some nice rich feathers. Well done.

Geoffrey

Steve Kaluski
02-22-2016, 07:06 PM
Greetings Will, glad to hear the Cairngorms was successful, I think I know the car park you are referring too. The subject looks a bit bedraggled, but a hard subject to get, so great.

TFS
Steve

christopher galeski
02-23-2016, 02:32 AM
good capture Will,they don't keep still long,like the tree color and patterns,good detail in the bird,he or she looks cold and damp.well done.

John Robinson
02-23-2016, 08:57 AM
Certainly a good advert for the weather Will !!
Bark texture is lovely too.
John

Bill Dix
02-23-2016, 02:35 PM
Not a very happy looking fellow, but nicely captured. Good work braving the weather to get such a nice shot. This is the way one usually sees our Brown Creeper, nearly camouflaged against coarse bark.

Jonathan Ashton
02-25-2016, 11:32 AM
Will I was going to post a tree creeper because it is the first semi-decent shot I have ever got of one, I am glad I didn't yours is much better! Loverly quality, I lke the colours and the composition, he looks pretty sorry for himself, I bet he was darned cold.