PDA

View Full Version : Savanah Hawk

Loi Nguyen
02-21-2016, 09:44 PM
This is a beautiful hawk in the Pantanal, Brazil. He posed for our group for a long time. I was wishing that he would take off for a flight shot,but he wouldn't, so I put on a 2X TC for a still portrait.

5D3
500f4 II + 2X III = 1000mm
!/1250
f8
ISO-1600

I had to rotated it quite a bit and add a sliver of canvas on the top left.

Thank you for commenting on my images.

Loi

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-21-2016, 11:11 PM
What a regal looking bird! Love the comp and the light and HA. Colours look good. The twig in front of the wing is not ideal but no deal breaker Loi. Well done.

Adhika Lie
02-22-2016, 12:06 AM
Such a beautiful, bird! It's very regal. It is not quite looking at us, but the intent stare is amazing!

arash_hazeghi
02-22-2016, 01:20 AM
sweet portrait Loi, love the light and the pose. here is my quick dirty attempt to remove the twig crossing the chest. starting from RAW you should remove it easily and much better

TFS

Satish Ranadive
02-22-2016, 06:14 AM
Excellent portrait. Spectacular pose. Beautiful composition.

Regards,
Satish.

John Robinson
02-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Great shot and grand colours on the bird.Quite a change to see one sitting in twigs so to speak !
Good IQ too
Well done
John

Bill Dix
02-22-2016, 09:20 AM
How nice of him to pose for you in such lovely light. Well captured. I don't know what the surroundings were, but moving him just a bit left in the frame might be an alternative. Better without the twig, but fine in either event. I'm heading for the tropics next week and this guy is high on my target list.

Stu Bowie
02-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Hi Loi, lovely pose and HA here, and I really like the colours on him. Great that most of the Hawk is against a clean BG.

Daniel Cadieux
02-22-2016, 08:38 PM
That twig was unfortunate, but Arash did a super job taking it away! I like the erect pose of the hawk and the leafy perch. I especially like the larger heart-shaped leaf at left!

Loi Nguyen
02-23-2016, 02:19 AM
sweet portrait Loi, love the light and the pose. here is my quick dirty attempt to remove the twig crossing the chest. starting from RAW you should remove it easily and much better

TFS

Hi Arash, honestly I didn't see the twig, but I thought the perch was a bit too busy. Until you removed the twig, then the perch does not look that bad. Amazing how one twig could affect an image. The main reason I posted this image into share a beautiful and regal bird, I thought the pose was good, but still missing an element of liveliness. Thank you for removing the twig. Loi