View Full Version : B/N

Giovanni Frescura
02-20-2016, 08:34 AM
I ask you...
Is working or no ?
I received in my club different reply and I am no sure
Thanks
P.S.
off course some adjustament will be necessary (eyes...) but I ask a your reply about the idea and composizion and off course ..if it works..every tips are ok

keith mitchell
02-20-2016, 09:25 AM
Not for me I'm afraid Giovanni I am usually a fan of this sort of shot and can't put my finger on this ,think maybe it's because the head seems detached from the body. Will read with interest the views of others.

Keith.

Giovanni Frescura
02-20-2016, 11:36 AM
Ok thanks
I am happy for your tips.
About the hread it is no a problem (if it is the only) becouse I could leave more etail to avoid the head cut from the body...

Jim Keener
02-20-2016, 01:45 PM
I like a birds-as-art approach. And I like the pen and ink illusion. The head's not a problem for me. My imagination can fill in the spaces. And I like that there is enough vegetation along the bottom to define an edge. TFS.

Glennie Passier
02-20-2016, 04:45 PM
Giovanni, for my taste, I would prefer more detail, still keeping the high key approach. I think he needs more room at the bottom and less at the top and more to the RHS and less to the LHS.

I like the way you experiment with your images.

Giovanni Frescura
02-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Giovanni, for my taste, I would prefer more detail, still keeping the high key approach. I think he needs more room at the bottom and less at the top and more to the RHS and less to the LHS.

I like the way you experiment with your images.
Hello Glennie, thanks
What you means with RHS ? if is the space to right and left I would like avoid to center too much the bird.

One question..if change in b/n I could leave the coulour more soft (as b/n for the volor of the bird) but with yellow eyes...

Could be better as idea ?
Ciao

Giovanni Frescura
02-20-2016, 06:13 PM
and now ?

Diane Miller
02-20-2016, 06:36 PM
I want to see more room at the bottom and less on top. I'd crop or clone out the vegetation near the right edge. The vegetation looks sharp but the bird looks very soft. I think this last version is better, but the face is still too much of an empty space for me.

Giovanni Frescura
02-20-2016, 07:05 PM
I want to see more room at the bottom and less on top. I'd crop or clone out the vegetation near the right edge. The vegetation looks sharp but the bird looks very soft. I think this last version is better, but the face is still too much of an empty space for me.
Hello Diane
thanks for your tips
I will try about the space..
I decided to give less sharp to the bird and more to vegetation (as a jopinize picture) ..but no have problem to try with the same for both
Thanks again
Gio

arash_hazeghi
02-23-2016, 05:15 PM
Hi Gio,

I'd just delete this...I am sorry but it looks like children's painting to me, maybe you wanted to post it in OOTB forum (where we post digital creations) ?

best

Jim Keener
02-23-2016, 06:02 PM
Hi Gio,

I'd just delete this...I am sorry but it looks like children's painting to me, maybe you wanted to post it in OOTB forum (where we post digital creations) ?

best

ROTFL