PDA

View Full Version : Life imitates plush toy

Nancy Bell
02-18-2016, 06:25 PM
This adorable plush toy-like animal is a Silky Anteater. It is approximately the size of your hand, totally nocturnal and arboreal. Its fur is more like soft fuzz and the silky part refers to the silk cotton tree it prefers. It is suggested that the fur resembles the seed pod fibers and provides camouflage from large predatory birds. Since they are rarely seen, I was super thrilled to see one and take photos during my recent trip to Trinidad. Photographed from a boat in the mangroves.

My own preset with Fractalius for the effect.

Dennis Bishop
02-18-2016, 07:39 PM
Adorable for sure. And a clever title! Your processing is very effective with the Fractalius treatment emphasizing the texture of the tree and the fuzziness of the anteater. I'm glad you were able to photograph the little guy, especially with it posed like that.

Kerry Perkins
02-19-2016, 12:42 AM
Well, that's just about the cutest thing ever! I really like this treatment for this image, it takes advantage of the amazing fuzzy fur. Fractalius really does a great job of bringing out the lines without obscuring the fuzz. :S3: What a great experience it must have been to make the capture.

Anita Bower
02-20-2016, 07:22 AM
Perfect creative title. Cute little animal, especially the tail. Excellent processing. The colors are beautiful--rich yet soft--to fit the title. I'm finding the leaves at the top distracting. Love the high-key look. You do a fantastic job in photographing unusual animals!

Nancy Bell
02-20-2016, 12:45 PM
Thanks all! Anita, you're right about those top leaves. I think I will crop them out. And thank you for your comment "You do a fantastic job in photographing unusual animals!" I have a lot of fun!

Hazel Grant
02-20-2016, 11:32 PM
Catching a rare nocturnal animal, from a boat, and obviously not at night. and so cute, too! What a find!!!!!!!!! Love the title. It so fits. And it does look like a cute stuffed animal you just want to curl up with. Well done.

gary ellwein
02-21-2016, 01:17 AM
The little anteater struck a wonderful pose before nodding off. This is an excellent application of Fractalius. High key was a good choice.

Cheryl Slechta
02-22-2016, 07:37 PM
Nancy, this is just an adorable little critter - what a find! Fractalius is the perfect treatment for the little guy. I like the leaves forming a canopy on top, but not so much the brightest part of the stems. Why not cut the brightest portion of the stems out and lower the leaves? It'll give you a squarish image and will shelter the anteater while he sleeps:S3:

Nancy Bell
02-23-2016, 04:34 PM
Cheryl, that's a great idea. I'll give it a try. And thank you very much all for your comments!

Mitch Carucci
02-23-2016, 04:50 PM
What a cute little Plush pet! Your processing is subtle, and work well here.

Diane Miller
02-23-2016, 11:58 PM
Gee -- nobody pointed out how cute this little guy is, so i will! :bg3: Just adorable with perfect processing.

Judy Howle
02-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Well I'm late seeing this one, and it's definitely ADORABLE! Nicely processed with perfect use of Fractalius.