PDA

View Full Version : Theme Glossy Ibis

Geoffrey Montagu
02-17-2016, 06:37 PM
I captured this image in May of 2015 at Brigantine. I've also posted another frame from the same group of Glossy Ibis last year. Quit a nice experience never having seen this many GLIB together. There were at least 30. C&C welcome.

D4S, Nikon 500mm + 1.4 TC, 1/3200s, F 7.1, ISO 1600, Gitzo tripod, Wimberley Gimbal head.

Geoffrey

Jonathan Ashton
02-18-2016, 01:22 PM
Well caught, maybe a little bit of Selective colour to make it pop a bit more??. I would also make the bird a little higher or lower in keeping with the ROT. I like the phragmites in the background.

Bill Dix
02-18-2016, 04:30 PM
Good one for the theme. It captures the lovely iridescent colors on a bird often thought of as basically black. Maybe just a touch more sharpening on the bird? And I agree with Jonathan's comment re. position.

Geoffrey Montagu
02-18-2016, 05:07 PM
Well caught, maybe a little bit of Selective colour to make it pop a bit more??. I would also make the bird a little higher or lower in keeping with the ROT. I like the phragmites in the background.

Thanks Jonathan. Moments after I posted this image I realized the corrections needed. Thank you again.

Geoffrey

Geoffrey Montagu
02-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Good one for the theme. It captures the lovely iridescent colors on a bird often thought of as basically black. Maybe just a touch more sharpening on the bird? And I agree with Jonathan's comment re. position.

Thanks Bill. I did add a bit of sharpening on the bird in the repost.

Geoffrey