PDA

View Full Version : A winter Dawn

David Cowling
02-17-2016, 03:30 PM
We can usually rely on a dozen or so mornings like this each winter which are so good for landscape photography. This is the first one of this current winter and I don't think we will get many more. The image is taken on the River Thurne in the Norfolk Broads National Park.

Panasonic Lumix LX100. Lens at 24mm. Tripod.

1/13 sec @ f 8. ISO 200 (Base ISO)

Don Railton
02-17-2016, 11:09 PM
David David David...! This is quite something and easily you best IMHO... Beautiful soft pastles and reflections in a scene that i can almost smell & feel.. Well done..!

Don

Glennie Passier
02-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Very beautiful indeed. Everything just works so well.

Morkel Erasmus
02-19-2016, 06:49 AM
David, I agree this is a splendid scene and photo, it just works.
I did feel it's a tad too light/bright and more tonality and colour could be achieved by dropping exposure somewhat.
In this very quick repost I darkened midtones on the histogram to the 0,7 mark - then did a multiplied luminosity adjustment layer on the highlights. I also added a touch more saturation.
WDYT?

Diane Miller
02-20-2016, 03:17 PM
Gorgeous scenein lovely light, and Morkel has a good take on it. I love that the horizon is just a little below center and is balanced nicely by the interest in the clouds.

Don Lacy
02-24-2016, 01:01 PM
Really lovely scene and I like what Morkel did as well as the OP I could see a version about in between both of them. I would also crop a bit off the bottom but I like panos so thats just a personal preference

Hazel Grant
02-24-2016, 01:31 PM
Morkels or yours? Depends on the vision you have. Create early morning splendor--then Morkel's. Create the dreamy softness of a day waking up--then yours.

Adhika Lie
02-26-2016, 02:32 AM
Beautiful. Both rendition works for me. OP has a very nice cheerful morning tone to it. For once I would think that reflection does not have to require the horizon right on the center. :D

Andrew McLachlan
02-29-2016, 08:24 PM
Beautiful scene with some lovely pastel colors...I also agree with a small crop from the bottom...very nice work!

Jonathan Ashton
03-02-2016, 04:55 PM
I love the original and I also like the repost, I must admit I downloaded and played with it myself, trouble is I can't decide! I must admit the original really caught my eye.