PDA

View Full Version : Working for lunch...

annmpacheco
02-16-2016, 10:17 PM
Big Red on the beach hunting for fish. Several frames later, lunch was served. removed some specular spots and cloned out a spot intersecting the beak. Also dodged the darker spots near waters edge.

1Dx 500 mm
iso 500, f5.6, 1/3200

arash_hazeghi
02-17-2016, 01:55 AM
looks good, I like the raised foot and the hunting behavior captured here

TFS

Glennie Passier
02-17-2016, 03:04 AM
Ann, Is this the same bird? He is giving you some wonderful stories. Nothing I would change. Such a glorious bird, so gloriously captured!

Thank you for sharing!

Mike Poole
02-17-2016, 03:08 AM
I loved watching these last year in Florida, loads of fun to see them getting their lunch.

To me I think the colours look a little 'thin', tried a RP with a slight curve adjustment and a small boost to the reds. WDYT?

Also, I know it's messy, but is there any way to get a really low POV at this location. Shooting at the same angle as Lorants recent Flamingo shot would work great with this pose.

Mike

steve torna
02-17-2016, 07:29 AM
Beautiful photo, I like the pose, POV and I appreciate the natural color of the bird and the pastel background. steve

Jim Crosswell
02-17-2016, 09:30 AM
I like the hunting pose, complimentary BG and composition. These guys are a lot of fun to watch. Very well done Ann!

Grace Scalzo
02-17-2016, 10:55 AM
Super pose with that toe just touching the water. I thought that the original colors look a bit washed out, but would not go as far as Mike's repost. Agree on a lower shooting angle.

annmpacheco
02-17-2016, 01:34 PM
I loved watching these last year in Florida, loads of fun to see them getting their lunch.

To me I think the colours look a little 'thin', tried a RP with a slight curve adjustment and a small boost to the reds. WDYT?

Also, I know it's messy, but is there any way to get a really low POV at this location. Shooting at the same angle as Lorants recent Flamingo shot would work great with this pose.

Mike

159695Hi Mike, Thanks for the repost, I think i would prefer something not as vibrant and not as washed as my original. The water in back of of Red's legs looks too "artificial", a strange blue to my eyes... he's handsome either way, lol
As far as the lower POV, it would be terrific to try and i have some images where i was in the water at eye level with Big Red, however, with his sudden movement and short hop, skip, and or jumps, it is more likely I "chase" him. I'll be sure to look for those opportunities if i am ever so lucky. Truth be told, I am so mesmerized by him. His presence has always been both fortuitous and mystical to me and a "rare", blessed opportunity! Do you have a bird that you just go "weak in the knees over?" lol

William Dickson
02-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Very nice Ann. I love it all, especially the concentration showing all over the bird :S3:

Will

adrian dancy
02-17-2016, 02:59 PM
The behaviour, colours and design look good. Repost is superb. Nice work indeed.

Joseph Przybyla
02-17-2016, 08:40 PM
Hi Ann, beautiful bird. Wonderful capture, lovely setting, reminds me of Ft. Desoto. I prefer your original post with a couple points saturation of just the bird. Thank you for sharing.

David Salem
02-17-2016, 10:55 PM
Nice looking frame! I like the dancing pose of these guys as they hunt. I would go somewhere in-between. A bit of blacks and saturation to the OP. Well done

annmpacheco
02-17-2016, 11:33 PM
Ann, Is this the same bird? He is giving you some wonderful stories. Nothing I would change. Such a glorious bird, so gloriously captured!

Thank you for sharing!
No Glenne, all are different reddish egrets but i tend to call them all one name: Big Red! Different locations and different states...

keith mitchell
02-18-2016, 07:58 AM
Ann I think you have caught the action beautifully, great piece of work.

Frank Schauf
02-19-2016, 02:20 PM
Great pose from my favorit bird.

Satish Ranadive
02-23-2016, 07:34 AM
Excellent image with wonderful color scheme. Very nice pose with showing concentration all over as stated by William.
Superb details and great composition. Re post in #8 is fantastic.

Regards,
Satish.