PDA

View Full Version : Theme Trekking Cheetahs

Morkel Erasmus
02-14-2016, 05:08 PM
I'd posted the monochrome version of this one previously (see here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/127181-Cheetahs-on-Trek)

Won't rehash the story, but wanted to post something for the theme and Mr Kaluski had mentioned in that one that he wished to see the colour version.
Better late than never, Steve? :bg3:

Techs:
Nikon D4s
Nikkor 500mm f4 VR-II
f8.0 | 1/1250 SS | ISO-900

steve torna
02-14-2016, 09:25 PM
Hi Morkel, Interesting image with 3 trees, 2 zebra and 4 cats. Im not sure if the temp was hot, but the OOF zebra and trees almost have that heat wave or heat refraction appearance which is kind of cool. I would mention that the dirt pile, although natural is kind of heavy in the scene especially since the cubs are so tiny. If only the 3 cubs were lined up in a row..... TFS

haseeb badar
02-16-2016, 06:11 AM
Hi Morkel -- I would prefer the colour version cause the backdrop looks more pleasing with the blues and greens . Had been wonderful if the last cub was standing on the mound , would have formed a complete line , but this is not a deal breaker in any sense .

TFS this lovely Cheetah scape !

Rachel Hollander
02-16-2016, 07:21 AM
Hi Morkel - This works well in color and I sort of like the separation/effect that the heat haze gives you. Yes, in an ideal world the final cub would be separate from mom but not something you can control. I'm not sure when you got to the scene. Any a few seconds earlier with the cheetahs a bit more to the left of the frame?

TFS,
Rachel

Basil Dardagan
02-17-2016, 01:02 PM
I think this is a classic wildlife scene beautifully captured. Cheetah/Zebra/Trees create a beautiful balance and the haze def adds imo. I agree that more space to walk into and less behind would add

Andreas Liedmann
02-17-2016, 02:54 PM
Hi Morkel this just works for me . Things you cannot control ... can not be changed :w3 , so thumbs up from me .

Nice work , TFS Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
02-23-2016, 03:15 PM
Good evening Morkel,

Sorry to come in so late, been visiting some place with lots of heat haze:)

I love your colour version as much as I did your B/W. A typical African scene with amazing skies, umbrella trees and great wildlife! Love the way one cub looks back to Mom and his sibling. There's so much to look at and take in here, stunning moment well captured and processed:cheers:

Warmest regards,

Gregor Bergquist
02-23-2016, 05:56 PM
This one is just fantastic.

:S3:

Morkel Erasmus
05-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Thank you all!!