PDA

View Full Version : Hide and Seek !

haseeb badar
02-14-2016, 01:31 PM
Hello everyone !

A sub adult male from Gothangaon range of Umrer Karhandla wildlife sanctuary , was Curiously and secretively peeking from the thick forest while his mother was stalking a deer . Low light made me boost the iso to 25600 and went for a conversion , tried to retain the grainy look which i kind of liked here . All your C& C's are most welcome.

ss 1/320 f/8 iso 25600
Canon 5D MK III , 500mm f4 IS II 2 x T.C. , bean bag

DPP4 CS6 monochrome , midtones, NR, sharpening, slight Dodging and burning, FF .

Steve Kaluski
02-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Hi Haseeb, I might try a 10x8 cropping from the bottom LHC up, however the sharpness looks more on the ear rather than the eye? Check where the FP was in DPP.

Steve

Morkel Erasmus
02-14-2016, 03:14 PM
I like what you went for - concept - here Haseeb.
Agree with Steve that the sharpness on the eye is lacking here. Do check that focus point position.
I think a bit more deep contrast (blacker blacks and brighter whites) will aid here.

Rachel Hollander
02-14-2016, 05:03 PM
Hi Haseeb - I agree with Steve and Morkel that the eye looks soft compared to the ear. Sadly, I think your ss was still too slow here for the lens and tc even with ramping up the ISO.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
02-14-2016, 11:10 PM
Thank you everyone !! All the Mods commenting i.e. All three of them posting in a row, a first timer for me , nice timing of my post I guess :bg3:.

I forgot to mention abt the fp in my intro , it is between the ear and forehead , the eye wasn't getting in focus and tried with single shot auto focus by focusing on the ear and then recomposing , then thought of manual focusing but the opportunity was lost .

Steve Kaluski
02-15-2016, 02:49 AM
All three of them posting in a row, a first timer for me

And for me too Haseeb.

I would have swopped to LV and manually focused here.

haseeb badar
02-15-2016, 02:55 AM
Steve -- What do you mean by LV ?

keith mitchell
02-15-2016, 04:44 AM
Haseeb the sharpness as been well covered, I really like what you have been trying to achieve with this.

Keith.

Stuart Philpott
02-20-2016, 01:30 PM
Steve -- What do you mean by LV ?
He he I'm going to take a guess at live view for you Hasseb. I agree on the focus point but love the way you were thinking and can see how tricky it must have been thanks for sharing this Haseeb another one that has made me ponder

take care

Stu

haseeb badar
02-20-2016, 09:45 PM
Thank you Keith and Stu !!

Andreas Liedmann
02-23-2016, 05:55 AM
Hi Haseeb a very unusual and somehow creative and interesting approach :5
I like the conversion / POV and crop .
Agree about the focal point with the others .
Well done mate !!!!

I am close to departure , so i will see what i come up with when i am back from there ..... hopefully loads of sightings .
Will drop you a line before i leave .... would be great if you could come over , and again i really appreciate all of your help so far :5 :5 :wave:

TFS Andreas

haseeb badar
02-23-2016, 08:41 AM
Hi Andreas -- Thank you for your feedback !

Will try to see if it is possible to come there . Best Luck and have a great trip !