PDA

View Full Version : Biohazard

Adhika Lie
02-13-2016, 07:03 PM
This is my attempt to make a rendering of something that has been photographed ad nauseam: The Grand Prismatic.
I am tempted to crop out the boardwalk, but I decided not to as to provide some sense of scale. This is handheld at 200mm, f/22, 1/160, ISO 1600. A few minutes after this, it started pouring and I was still half a mile from the car.

Glennie Passier
02-14-2016, 04:37 AM
Adhika, I didn't know what the Grand Prismatic was until Mr. Google told me. Very impressive. I know why you left the boardwalk in, but I would take it out, just to make something abstracty with those beautiful colours. Well done!

Andrew McLachlan
02-14-2016, 11:34 AM
I too would crop out the boardwalk for the abstract of the beautiful color and design of the "flow"...I have never been there but do hope to get there someday :)

Diane Miller
02-14-2016, 01:04 PM
Gorgeous! I hope your gear survived the rain -- not a good thought to be caught out in it.

The patterns and colors here are so beautiful, I would crop out the boardwalk. There is just enough room under it to give the light-colored feature some breathing room at the top of the frame. To me, that is a gift!

Valerio Tarone
02-14-2016, 03:51 PM
Adhika hi. I didn't know what was Grand prismatic, i went to the web, so I saw it. Gorgeous colors and good pattern of the lines from left to right. I too I should crop off the boardwalk, but I'm a purist of images without any human sign. Did you made some adjustment in PP? Good light!

Don Lacy
02-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Wonderful colors I totally agree with the others on cropping out the board walk as soon as I saw it I knew where and what this was an image of without it its just a wonderful pattern of color and natural beauty.

Adhika Lie
02-16-2016, 02:55 AM
Thanks everyone. I am really tempted to clone out the boardwalk but my soul is troubled. Haha. What do you guys think?

Adhika hi. I didn't know what was Grand prismatic, i went to the web, so I saw it. Gorgeous colors and good pattern of the lines from left to right. I too I should crop off the boardwalk, but I'm a purist of images without any human sign. Did you made some adjustment in PP? Good light!

I did give some standard exposure adjustment on post. But I waited for people to clear out this particular segment to clear out. If I haven't done that, I might have saved myself from the rain.

I hope your gear survived the rain -- not a good thought to be caught out in it.

Thankfully they did, Diane. The weather was terrible when I was there, so I've put my camera on a rain sleeve. My shoes, however, did not. I hate wet feet.

dankearl
02-28-2016, 09:20 AM
Nice, I could see the bottom half as a stand alone abstract....

Morkel Erasmus
03-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Loving the colours and textures here, Adhika.
I too would crop out the boardwalk - enough interest there to make it really pop. As it is it distracts me. It doesn't have to be obvious what a person is looking at :5