PDA

View Full Version : Along for the Ride...

Arthur Morris
02-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Snow Monkey with young

This image was created at the Snow Monkey Park in Nagano on the still-in-progress Japan in Winter IPT with the hand held Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1092632-REG/canon_9524b002_ef_100_400mm_f_4_5_5_6l_is.html/BI/6633/KBID/7226/kw/CA1004002LIS/DFF/d10-v2-t1-xCA1004002LIS) at 220mm and the mega mega-pixel Canon EOS 5DS R. (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1119027-REG/canon_0582c002_eos_5ds_r_dslr.html/BI/6633/KBID/7226/kw/CAE5DSR/DFF/d10-v2-t1-xCAE5DSR) ISO 400. Evaluative metering +3 stops off the snow: 1/320 sec. at f/6.3.

Two AF points above the center AF point/AI Servo Surround/Shutter Button AF as framed was active at the moment of exposure (as is always best when hand holding).

Learn more about this trip or consider joining me in 2017 here (http://Snow Monkey with young This image was created at the Snow Monkey Park in Nagano on the still in progress Japan in Winter IPT with the hand held Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens at 220mm and the mega mega-pixel Canon EOS 5DS R. ISO 400. Evaluative metering +3 stops off the snow: 1/320 sec. at f/6.3. Two AF points above the center AF point/AI Servo Surround/Shutter Button AF as framed was active at the moment of exposure (as is always best when hand holding).). (Scroll down for the IPT info.)

As for the image, don't be shy; all comments welcome. a

haseeb badar
02-13-2016, 12:18 AM
Hi Artie -- These creatures look incredibly handsome , I like the vertical comp here and the details , sharpness and colour all look very good , nice choice of DOF also .

i would like to point out one thing though from what I have learnt from this forum , you could have easily boosted that iso for more ss , why take chances when we have the technology that gives excellent results even on high iso's .

Tfs !

Karl Egressy
02-13-2016, 09:34 AM
Dream like image, rarely seen captured if ever.
It is nice to have them looking at the same direction.
The IQ is outstanding which is not a surprise with the excellent lens and camera in good hands .
The snow has texture at the feet anchoring the image nicely.
One of the images you want to look at over and over again.
(will have to show it to my wife)
Great work.

Arthur Morris
02-13-2016, 04:33 PM
Dream like image, rarely seen captured if ever.
It is nice to have them looking at the same direction.
The IQ is outstanding which is not a surprise with the excellent lens and camera in good hands .
The snow has texture at the feet anchoring the image nicely.
One of the images you want to look at over and over again.
(will have to show it to my wife)
Great work.

Hey Karl, Thanks a stack kind sir. a

Rachel Hollander
02-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Hi Artie - This works very well. The pose with both looking in the same direction and the portrait comp all come together nicely. I like that you can also see at least one of the hands on top of the snow.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
02-14-2016, 04:00 PM
Hey Artie! Good to have you posting here.
Love the symmetrical poses and expressions here. Expert exposure in the snow, and can only imagine the kind of detail this camera can bring. My own D800 has killer resolution, and this is even higher...

Let's see some more of these photogenic primates?

Mike Poole
02-17-2016, 03:04 AM
Great pose with both looking in the same direction, and I can only imagine the details that camera can produce for a print.

Would it have been worth stopping down the aperture a bit more for the baby?

Mike

Arthur Morris
02-18-2016, 06:05 AM
Great pose with both looking in the same direction, and I can only imagine the details that camera can produce for a print.

Would it have been worth stopping down the aperture a bit more for the baby?

Mike

Thanks Mike. Smaller aperture = sharper baby :) with more detail in the snow :(... a

keith mitchell
02-18-2016, 08:08 AM
Arthur have looked at this a few times and can't get over the quality ,have a real thing about animal fur and texture,this certainly ticks all the boxes for me, excellent work.

Keith.

Arthur Morris
02-20-2016, 06:09 AM
Arthur have looked at this a few times and can't get over the quality ,have a real thing about animal fur and texture,this certainly ticks all the boxes for me, excellent work.

Keith.

Thanks Keith. There is lots more on 5DS R IQ in today's and tomorrow's blog posts. a

Joseph Przybyla
02-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Thank you for sharing, Artie. Another lesson learned studying this image. About as perfect as it gets.

Arthur Morris
02-24-2016, 03:17 PM
There have been lots of 5DS R images on the blog recently. I used my 1D X only one on the trip. a