Camera Model Canon EOS-1D X
Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/1000
Av(Aperture Value) 5.6
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 6400
Auto ISO Speed ON
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM

I saw this pigeon taking a stroll though the woods, there was a ray of sunshine so he took a little walk.

keith mitchell
02-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Like this a lot Jon, feather detail is about perfect and the colours are soft and muted, all fits very well on that nice bg,if I was being really picky perhaps a little more at the bottom, lovely piece of work.

David Cowling
02-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Good capture of what is (around here) a very common bird. Colours and feather detail excellent. I like the raised foot. A little more on the bottom for me too.

David

Randy Stout
02-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Jon:

+3 on more below, but just a bit, as it will be so OOF. The colors are soft and subtle. Nice POV.

I might consider some restrained clone stamping to further soften the brown area just in front of the head.

Did you need to do any Noise reduction at this ISO?

Cheers

Randy

Glennie Passier
02-13-2016, 03:04 AM
Sometimes the "common" birds are often overlooked. You have captured this bird to look anything but ordinary. POV is great (you must have been laying like a lizard!), feather detail and pose all work for me.

Steve Kaluski
02-13-2016, 08:14 AM
Hi Jon, good to see you pushing the ISO here.

First impression was more below and a CCW rotation, I might even go with a slightly increased WB and marginally up on the saturation as the beaks can be quite rich, but just my take. Personally I might blend that tree (?) so the BKG is more uniform and is a quick & easy fix, WDYT?

TFS
Steve

William Dickson
02-13-2016, 08:58 AM
Beautiful detail here Jon and a lovely BG. The raised foot adds to the image.

Will

Jonathan Ashton
02-13-2016, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone, the camera was set horizontally (uniqueball:w3), I guess I could add a little to the base with content aware. I will have a look at warming up and blending the background a little but I wanted to retain the look of woodlands.
The noise reduction Randy, in all honesty I can't remember but it is more than likely I applied a little to the background and not the subject,

christopher galeski
02-15-2016, 02:29 AM
nice capture Jonathan,like how the BG colors blend with the pigeon,nice detail,like the pose,excuse the pun:S3:TFS.