PDA

View Full Version : The Church of St Edmund.

David Cowling
02-12-2016, 10:14 AM
The Church of St Edmund at Thurne in Norfolk. Taken on a frosty morning from across the River Thurne. Perhaps a bit less river?

Panasonic Lumix GH 2. Panasonic 45-175 at 60mm. Handheld.

1/500 sec @ f 7.2. ISO 160.

Adhika Lie
02-12-2016, 11:46 AM
Very nice shot. I think it needs a little bit CCW rotation but other than that this is such a serene scene. I can almost feel the frost on the ground. I am fine with the river because it contains those beautiful reflections. It's a beautiful shot, David!

Jonathan Ashton
02-12-2016, 12:32 PM
I see what you mean about the river I am not keen on the large blue expanse on the LHS but I do like the reflections. A very calm English morning scene, I like it - nothing can be done about it but I wish that tree in front of the church wasn't there.

Hazel Grant
02-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Because of where it sits, the church is a minor player but that does not mean this is a "bad" shot....If you cropped the river, you'd lose a lot of that nice reflection. The blue of the river also balances the blue of the sky. The expanse of the field gives the cold winter chill feeling of the day. Nice.

Diane Miller
02-13-2016, 12:01 PM
A very nice pastoral scene. I think I'd like even a bit more of the river, so the reflections have a little breathing room at the bottom. The sky is gorgeous.

Don Railton
02-14-2016, 01:15 AM
Hi David.. I too am happy with the amount river which should include the reflections IMHO.. Also agree a bit of CCW rotation is needed. I am also seeing purples in the sky.. Did we not see a picture of this field with a tractor in it in a previous post?? Like the placement of the church, A slightly higher POV would have put a few tree tops below the hedgeline which would have added more for me, but very nice as it is..

DON

Glennie Passier
02-14-2016, 04:44 AM
No problems with the river for me either. The reflections are gorgeous and compliments the sky.

Andrew McLachlan
02-14-2016, 11:30 AM
Nicely composed scene and the river is fine with me...you would not want to crop from the bottom as you would lose the reflected sky that helps to define the reflected reeds. The church does look like it has a slight lean to it.

Don Lacy
02-15-2016, 07:05 PM
Would not crop this at all it has a nice flow to the elements with all in balance for me. well done

William Dickson
02-25-2016, 04:35 PM
Lovely cold feeling about this one David. Love the foreground colours. Agree about the rotation.

Will