PDA

View Full Version : Transformation

Adhika Lie
02-11-2016, 01:32 AM
Well, there is no way in centuries I could beat Dianne's Orion nebula. But, I prepared this photo for printing earlier today and I thought I would share it with you guys here, too.

I titled this "Transformation": As the temperature drops, the park undergoes this beautiful transformation from the lushful green to the most beautiful yellow and red that one could ever possibly see, as if saying: This winter is gonna be alright.

Maybe someone can guess where?
200mm, 2.5 secs, f/11, ISO 100

Jonathan Ashton
02-11-2016, 12:56 PM
Beautiful scenery and gorgeous colours, I like the pink creeping into the sky. Is it Yellowstone - just a wild guess.

Don Railton
02-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Hi Adhika

I think a beautiful scene too and nicely composed... Should look good on the wall. The only suggestion I would have is fixing the halo/haze just above the treeline.. As shown its borderline too sharp too i think but that is about perfect for printing so not really a problem..

DON

David Cowling
02-12-2016, 10:02 AM
A lovely composition with beautiful colours. The mountains in the background stand out proud and sharp with plenty of detail. I am ok with the overall sharpness but it does look a little oversharpened where the treeline meets the mountains. TFS

Adhika Lie
02-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. The file is indeed sharpened a little bit more for the printing. I am not sure why I did not upload the web-viewing version on here.

Diane Miller
02-13-2016, 11:55 AM
Gorgeous scene with lovely detail and perfect lighting. I love the detail you brought out in the mountains. I don't find fault with the sharpening. The only issue I see with the treeline is probably an artifact from the JPEG creation, and it's so minor I wouldn't have even noticed it without the power of suggestion.

I can't guess where -- could be almost anyplace from the southern Sierra up to Wyoming / Idaho / Montana / Colorado. Wherever it is, hope we get to see more from there!

Adhika Lie
02-13-2016, 01:40 PM
Thanks Diane! I printed this on a 4x6 so I played a little bit with the Lanczos interpolation to retain all the details on the trees. I think it works really well on the foreground but maybe bicubic would've been better on the treelines. Hopefully it won't be too obvious unless I start pixel peeping.

Admittedly, it was not the sunrise that I expected at the Oxbow Bend but I get to make something different. I am a happy camper. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but the summit in the picture is supposed to be the Eagle Rest Peak (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagles_Rest_Peak).

Don Railton
02-14-2016, 01:00 AM
Hi Adhika

I took a copy of your image and did a 5 minute adjustment to remove some the halo I see... It's not a very good job but sufficient I think to show what I was talking about.. Something to address i think from the raw file if its not already on the wall..

DON

Adhika Lie
02-14-2016, 01:16 AM
Hi Don, thanks. I have fixed the halos before sending it for printing a few days ago. Thanks for pointing it out!

Andrew McLachlan
02-14-2016, 11:27 AM
Beautiful scene and nicely arranged composition!

Adhika Lie
02-15-2016, 11:18 AM
Thanks Andrew for the kind words! :)

Don Lacy
02-15-2016, 07:08 PM
This is a wonderfully composed image with the different elements layered leading to the wonderful mountains, well scene

Adhika Lie
02-16-2016, 01:29 PM
This is a wonderfully composed image with the different elements layered leading to the wonderful mountains, well scene

Thanks so much for the kind words, Don!