PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox.

Karl Egressy
02-09-2016, 03:55 PM
This image is one of my favorites from my recent shooting.
Thanks for looking.
(No Noise reduction applied in PP.)

Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 100-400 L IS Mark II
ISO 1000
1/500 s
f 6.3

John Robinson
02-09-2016, 04:01 PM
One of mine too !
Snow certainly makes it.. Rain doesn,t work quite so well !!!!
John

keith mitchell
02-09-2016, 04:35 PM
Karl fur texture and detail on this Fox is superb, can't see a thing that I would change, beautiful!

Keith.

Steve Kaluski
02-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Sweet - Karl. :cheers:

You are certainly nailing these and the Pine Martens, no question. I just wonder, if there is any sharpening on the ridge/contour of snow under the fox, if so, then I might mask it back to provide a softer edge, just a thought.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
02-10-2016, 02:39 PM
Hi KArl -- This looks fantastic again . Lovely colours and details in the fur . is there a need for slightest of rotation ?

TFS !

Rachel Hollander
02-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Hi Karl - Another beautiful fox image. Love the snow on the nose. If it were mine, I might pull back on the blue/cyan especially on the whites of the fox but personal preference. Looks like there may be a masking issue on the top edge of the tail and rump. Keep them coming.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
02-11-2016, 11:09 AM
Hi Karl this works well as presented .
Lovely work ... love the clean look & feel with no distraction and the sweet look the fox is giving .

I very much like your Fox images you post here , keep them coming .

TFS Andreas

Mike Poole
02-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Probably my favourite out of the series so far. Personally I'd like just a little extra negative space at the top of the frame, but not a massive deal by any stretch.

Very nice work.

Mike

Arthur Morris
02-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Very sharp and very sweet, but there are a few issues with the placement of the animal in the frame. From side to side, it is too centered. Pointing the lens a bit left or a bit right would have rectified that. With the fox looking to our left I would have preferred him more to our right in the frame. And I am with Mike Poole on the up and down placement; do you have more canvas on top? Can you post the full frame original here? a

Eric Dienesch
02-12-2016, 06:07 PM
i agree with Arthur with the center placement.
but anyway.. the fox is looking great in the deep snow with his long fur for me.

Karl Egressy
02-13-2016, 09:28 AM
Very sharp and very sweet, but there are a few issues with the placement of the animal in the frame. From side to side, it is too centered. Pointing the lens a bit left or a bit right would have rectified that. With the fox looking to our left I would have preferred him more to our right in the frame. And I am with Mike Poole on the up and down placement; do you have more canvas on top? Can you post the full frame original here? a
Thanks Artie.
Here is the jpeg version extracted from the original RAW file in breeze Browser Pro.
As you can see there is substantial canvas around.
The time was just before sunset but there was no sun, hence the blue and cyan cast that I removed from the posted image.
Karl.

Arthur Morris
02-13-2016, 05:03 PM
Many thanks Karl. There are many ways to go with this one. My first repost is closest to what you came up with but with the animal out of the center. There are two more. Do note that image quality suffered as I was cropping from a JPEG. a

Arthur Morris
02-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Next is a bit wider...

Arthur Morris
02-13-2016, 05:07 PM
Last is my first choice. Note that I did not do the work on the blue cast nor did I deal with the brightness; I just wanted to give you some compositional ideas. a

Karl Egressy
02-13-2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks Artie, I like the last one too. Now I can see that my crop was way too tight. Learned from it I hope.

Arthur Morris
02-13-2016, 06:52 PM
You are welcome Karl. I should have mentioned that in general it is best to avoid huge crops. That said even though the IQ in your original post looked pretty darn good. a

keith mitchell
02-14-2016, 04:11 AM
Karl it's been very interesting and informative reading the comments of yourself and Artie,and agree very much with Artie re the IQ of your OP .

Keith.

Stuart Philpott
02-20-2016, 02:29 PM
Stunning Karl as before loved the interaction and musings of artie on this. The final crop also rings all the bells here,an important lesson for me here too Karl thank you so much not only for sharing an image I can only dream of but also for creating the environment that foloowed

take care

Stu