Thanks for looking and commenting
Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L IS II.
ISO 800
f 7.1
1/500 s

John Robinson
02-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Thats a picture and a half. !! Slightly different colour from ours and what a difference some snow makes!!
Great stuff.
JohnR

keith mitchell
02-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Hey Karl the fur on this looks superb ,detailed but with that nice soft look, very well caught. Looks like you have plenty of that white stuff over there.

Keith.

haseeb badar
02-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Hi Karl --Beautiful image , with lovely colours , standing out against the snow . Lovely eye contact as well, i like the details and sharpness and also the snow i every nicely exposed , though i feel a higher ss could have been better .

TFS !

Anette Mossbacher
02-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Hi Karl,

great look this animal gives you.

I cannot comment on the clots at all, but on the crop. I would crop a bit from the right, not to much just a tad.

Overall it looks good to me, to bad the tongue is not out :w3

Have a great evening

Ciao Anette

Steve Kaluski
02-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Hi Karl, I'm wondered when you would post this, however you and Daniel are posting some exquisite images of these guys and the snow setting provides a really cool environment. IQ looks good, but I'm not sure what the 'patchy/slight blurring' parts along the front leg is, runs down from the shoulder & down with one small part at the rear and parts of the snow near the underbelly as it changes colour too, NR from masking perhaps, just looks odd??? I would agree on a bit more SS, but you would need to go perhaps to ISO1600 to gain much more, so I'm OK with this. Lovely face detail and sharpness, likewise the exposure. I think you could tease more definition/detail out from within the snow, but I think it might class with the subject, VWD indeed.

I hope you post the red fox at some point.

TFS
Steve

Joseph Przybyla
02-04-2016, 03:28 PM
No nits from me, Karl. I think you did great work getting the exposure of the Pine Marten and the snow to both look correct. Thank you for sharing.

christopher galeski
02-05-2016, 02:33 AM
Nice capture Karl,nice detail in martin and snow,nice light.TFS

shane shacaluga
02-05-2016, 04:16 AM
Great looking Pine Marten! Nice pose and good details overall! The snow setting makes the subject pop very nicely

TFS

Rachel Hollander
02-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Hi Karl - This is really lovely. Excellent detail and it pops against the snowy setting. I am fine with the level of detail in the snow. I like the way you've brought out the soft texture of the fur. Great look to camera too. Are these guys baited in any way as there seem to be a lot of images and sightings of them on forums this year?

TFS,
Rachel

Karl Egressy
02-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Hi Karl - This is really lovely. Excellent detail and it pops against the snowy setting. I am fine with the level of detail in the snow. I like the way you've brought out the soft texture of the fur. Great look to camera too. Are these guys baited in any way as there seem to be a lot of images and sightings of them on forums this year?

TFS,
Rachel
Thanks Rachel. Baiting is against the law carrying a $600 fine.
However, these guys visit the garbage bins and eat the leftover from there which is much worse IMO.

Andreas Liedmann
02-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Hi Karl lovely little fella to find at the dust bins :eek3:.
I like the pose and the overall tones and color , he gave you a nice pose and look .

Just asking curious if you have run NR at any stage during processing , as i think in parts you have not that much detail where i would expect detail to be seen . If you have run NR on the subject , at any stage , i might try to avoid it completely on the subject or lower the effect .
Could be just me ...

TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
02-08-2016, 09:28 AM
A lovely shot, as good as I've seen of this species Karl!
I do think the fur and marten can do with a slight touch more sharpening (but it could just be my taste). Subject does look sharp and in focus.