PDA

View Full Version : Theme Respect !

haseeb badar
02-03-2016, 09:09 AM
Hello everyone !

Here is an image for this months theme . This is the same buff which i posted a couple of days back , in this instance the Buff was busy grazing with its head down and a Pelican happened to land at the same place , it appeared as the Buff bowed in respect of the mighty bird .

Canon 5D MK III , 500mm f4 IS II , 1.4x T.C. , bean bag.

DPP4 CS6 levels, selective colour , burned the whites of pelican and egret , a bit of crop from top and RHS , sharpening .

All your C&C's are most welcome.

Steve Kaluski
02-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Hi Haseeb, not sure on this one because of the Pelican, it almost dominates the whole image I feel. I would crop a lot of the foot, going more pano, if you have more above, it may help?

Lets see what others think.

TFS
Steve

haseeb badar
02-03-2016, 09:47 AM
here is a RP Steve , WDYT ?

Steve Kaluski
02-03-2016, 11:54 AM
With the increase above, I think you could then go 16x10 Haseeb, adding a sliver more below. I would clone the yellow clump of grasses, a bit distracting.

Jonathan Ashton
02-03-2016, 12:53 PM
I prefer the repost, for me concept was very good but it falls betwixt between, I would have liked either the buffalo head up of the pelican sharp, ,,,,,,you will just have to go back:w3

Morkel Erasmus
02-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Haseeb, I get what you were going for, but it's not working for me personally.
Either the pelican needed to be the one in focus, or the buff had to have his head up for a clear/distinct pose?
Just my thoughts...
I agree with Steve's last crop/comp suggestion.

haseeb badar
02-04-2016, 12:01 AM
Thank you everyone !

If opportunity arises again with some thing like this , then i will be prepared with what to do . Thanks again !

keith mitchell
02-04-2016, 04:06 AM
Reading the above comments is good Haseeb,have looked several times before and thought what a wonderful shot this would have been if that Pelican was in focus, life would be so good if everything fitted into place.

Keith.

Rachel Hollander
02-04-2016, 07:25 AM
Hi Haseeb - I agree with the comments and suggestions above. Looking forward to seeing more from your trip.

TFS,
Rachel

Anette Mossbacher
02-04-2016, 02:52 PM
Hi Haseeb,

most is said already, which I do not need to repeat. Steve suggestions with the crop suit very well, but the pelican is just a tad disturbing for me!

Have a great evening

Ciao Anette

Andreas Liedmann
02-05-2016, 03:27 AM
Hi Haseeb i agree with the overall comments and the already mentioned " issues" .
Your RP has helped to make it more pleasing , but think the Pelican is not ideal .
If you tone down the whites i.e. pelican i might watch that you not created murky whites .... if you know what i mean ?

TFS Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
02-06-2016, 12:09 AM
Hi Haseeb, Sadly this isn't working for me. I like the RP better though.