PDA

View Full Version : In Focus - short-eared owl again

Eric Dienesch
02-02-2016, 02:15 AM
Once again i want to show a picture from my day with the short-eared owls at the german north sea coast.

i am still addicted and looking everyday for the weather forecast to plan another trip, but the last and the following days there are only wind, clouds and rain.

Here the owl is checking the Hunting Grounds in flight. I hope you like my tri-coloured background. a little bit cropped -> out of the middle
Comments welcome !

1DX, 840mm (600 II+1.4 III), iso 500, F.6.3 at 1/2000sec, made from tripod, (AF-Mode Case 1 with center af and 9 Point extension, this was here my standard setting)
wildife 2016, german north-sea coast

Glennie Passier
02-02-2016, 02:26 AM
Hi Eric, I really like the BG and the beautiful colours in the BG. Composition is good with the FG grasses anchoring it all together in a nice diagonal sort of line. The blur on the body and the sharpness of the eye is appealing to me. I am amazed at all the owl images on this site...and they all mostly taken in the daylight.

TFS!

christopher galeski
02-02-2016, 03:13 AM
Nice one Eric,love the colors and light in this image,and the concentration on the owl face.TFS.

keith mitchell
02-02-2016, 03:50 AM
Your capturing great poses on these Owls Eric, nice soft BG fading into the sky, very fine piece of work.

Keith.

Jonathan Ashton
02-02-2016, 08:00 AM
Absolutely first class Eric, the eye and bill are pin sharp, I like the forward pointing wing and the background including the grasses.

arash_hazeghi
02-02-2016, 02:40 PM
looks sharp and clean, I do wish for better eye contact and better near wing position though

TFS

Eric Dienesch
02-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Thank you all.. Arash:
Better Eye contact ?? Where, sorry i don`t understand what you mean ?
The eye has the same angle of view than the long wing, the other wing also long would have made a shadow on the owl ??

adrian dancy
02-03-2016, 04:40 AM
I think you have a corker here. The far wing envelops the point of focus and the head angle is spot on. Techs look good.

Andreas Liedmann
02-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Hi Eric lovely overall image , stunning colors and nice tones .
Nice work , TFS Andreas

arash_hazeghi
02-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Thank you all.. Arash:
Better Eye contact ?? Where, sorry i don`t understand what you mean ?
The eye has the same angle of view than the long wing, the other wing also long would have made a shadow on the owl ??

Hi Eric better eye contact means the bird making eye contact with the viewer. This usually leads to better connection between the viewer and the bird. Not all frames have a perfect eye contact but the ones that have tend to be the more desirable ones

best

Eric Dienesch
02-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Ok, i understand now, what you mean...

but for such a situation i have just a few pictures more from this day. :bg3: