PDA

View Full Version : Tufted Duck drake

Andreas Liedmann
01-31-2016, 04:07 PM
Hi folks another frame from local town lake .
This Tufted Drake just floated past me while i was hanging out at waters edge .
Hope you like it

Canon EOS 1D X
EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC III
HH

F 7,1 ; Iso 640 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; slight crop for comp

Thansk for looking and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Karl Egressy
01-31-2016, 04:52 PM
Nice head turn excellent details in the dark part of the plumage. Well done.

Jonathan Ashton
01-31-2016, 05:09 PM
Lovely shot Andreas, I like the image as is but I would suggest toning down the brightest just a little and lifting the darks juts a tad:- (TK masks L5 and/or L4 and D4 mask), they make minor changes but I think perhaps worth considering?
I like the composition and the water droplets, did you have to modify the colour of the water?

Marina Scarr
01-31-2016, 05:25 PM
A truly stunning portrait of this duck! Whites and blacks look pretty good to me. Well done.

Bill Dix
01-31-2016, 05:33 PM
Great shot of this handsome duck. Color is terrific on the duck, and I like the detail -- especially the fine feather detail just behind the white flank. Water color seems a bit overdone to me -- is this the natural color or did you boost the saturation? I wouldn't mind seeing him a little smaller in the frame, or at least with a little more room in front. But a handsome shot as posted.

Joe Subolefsky
01-31-2016, 08:37 PM
Great low angle. Agree with Bill the water color looks a touch overdone.

Andreas Liedmann
02-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Hello folks thanks so much for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Jon to me the balance is just right regarding the detail in darks and lights , it could have done what you think , but i do not see a need for it . under the light conditions when the shot was taken .

Bill ... the blues are not amplified by adding saturation , they might have come a bit more intense due to the use of a channel blending in PS , but actually they have been already very intense in the RAW , so i thought i leave them , but i can also see a slightly lower sat . Worth a try !!!??

Thanks again , Andreas

adrian dancy
02-01-2016, 06:36 PM
A very slight reduction id saturation with those beautiful blues would help. The bird looks good. Nice work indeed!

Jim Crosswell
02-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Excellent image Andreas! I like the pose, HA, IQ, details and composition. I would reduce the saturation of the water a bit.