PDA

View Full Version : Mum i need attention !

Andreas Liedmann
01-30-2016, 10:36 AM
Hello folks
This Grey Seal pup was begging for mumīs attention by trying to get a close as possible to her and looked for nose contact , a greeting behavior when they put their noses together .
The POV is not as low as i usually prefer , but they were lying in a large hole on the beach , so i was lying at the edge of that hole trying to get as low as possible .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 70-200 IS L
HH

F 8 ; Iso 640 ; 1/640 sec ; AV mode + 1EV

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; slight crop all around .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
01-30-2016, 11:31 AM
Hi Andreas, another nice image of behaviour & interaction. The overall colour palette works and the 'snow' white of the pup provides good standout. Appreciate the background behind the shot, helps to provide clarity and to the reasons why you did what you did.

TFS
Steve

Stuart Philpott
01-30-2016, 01:49 PM
Hey both,you guys work on such tight tolerances on POV I too appreciate the comments and response. Andreas I get wrapped up in the emotional content of an image by the way ,this is stunning for me mate!! Those these little things help me look harder thanks both. Andreas are there any highlights blown in the raw on the little fella? Looking and thinking mate nowt critical

Buddy it's a gorgeous picture for me,the pup's upwards look, the colour palette,the emotional bond it, portrays this beautifully
Thanks for this one

stu

Andreas Liedmann
01-30-2016, 02:14 PM
Thanks Steve and Stu for your kind comments , much appreciated .:wave:

Steve .. the BG is the bull that was hanging out with the two for at least four days without leaving them for the time i was with them on and on over the days , guess he was waiting for mum becoming ready to mate . I saw it twice that he tried seriously .... but mummy bit him off . He did not touch the youngster , but was also not interested in the youngster .

Stu .... no nothing blown in raw ..... not even close to the RHS of the histogram , a gap between the edge and the first tones appearing .

Thanks again , Andreas

keith mitchell
01-30-2016, 02:27 PM
The angle looks great to me Andreas almost looking up at them, it's a real I love you mum moment.IQ spot on as always.

Keith.

Morkel Erasmus
01-31-2016, 12:55 AM
Nice moment here Andreas.
I agree the colours work well and thanks for explaining why this one doesn't have that low POV.
:5

Rachel Hollander
01-31-2016, 08:09 AM
Hi Andreas - Nice interaction and detail here. Thanks for the explanation of the pov and it works fine here. Being lower would have probably meant more of the bull in the bg which might not have worked either. I am seeing some cyan and blue in the whites on the back of the pup but I haven't seen them this young so don't know if it's natural.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
01-31-2016, 08:26 AM
Thanks Keith, Morkel and Rachel for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Rachel yes i know the cyan/blue is there , and it is not the fur itself that is blue , it is with all my seal images when taken under blue sky . The sky is reflecting in the fur , so i leave it at a certain degree in all of the images .
I was watching this with interest , also the shadows do carry a lot more blue in real life ( with my eyes ) than in my images posted . I try to find a balance between reality and your/ my detection of finding any cyan/ blue colors :S3: , but no problem .

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
01-31-2016, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the explanation Andreas. The bit of cast just jumped out to me here.

Mark Needham
01-31-2016, 01:40 PM
Lovely interaction captured here and I really like the contrast between the mother's multi-color coat and the pup's white coat. Fantastic detail extracted here, especially in the white coat and the sand. Thanks for explaining the angle issue, but I agree with Rachel that going lower (if you had been able to) might have messed up the BG a bit. I also agree with Rachel about the cyan / blue and thanks for your explanation - makes sense, although I might try to reduce it just a tad more on the pup's back to see if it helps or not. Regardless, great image you made here; loving your seal series! :bg3:

haseeb badar
02-01-2016, 03:39 AM
Hi Andreas -- Lovely frame and nice interaction as well . loved the colours and details . I really enjoy these seal images , amazing creatures they are . Does it need that slightest of rotation or is it just me , i feel its very slightly tilted towards LHS . TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
02-01-2016, 11:40 AM
Thanks Rachel, Mark and Haseeb for your comments / feedback much appreciated .

Haseeb very difficult to say about the tilting .... as they were lying in a big hole with no flat area , going steep down from the edges and the center was not flat at all ..... like little hills inside . So very difficult to say , that is why i kept it as presented . Not really a point evaluate things .

Thanks again , Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
02-04-2016, 01:52 AM
Hi Andreas,

this is works for me as well. The blue has already explained so won't jump on it.
BG works for me as well. Thanks for all the details in all your comments.

have a great day:bg3:

Ciao Anette

Eric Dienesch
02-04-2016, 02:48 AM
Hello,

great job and the way both seals are interacting is wonderful captured !!