PDA

View Full Version : BC eagle

arash_hazeghi
01-29-2016, 09:18 PM
Another frame of the adult bald eagle from Vancouver area

1D-X EF 400 DO II + 2X III. ISO 3200. f/8 1/800sec hand held. Processed with DPP 4.3. hope you like this frame

Karl Egressy
01-29-2016, 09:31 PM
Excellent low key presentation that you rarely see in this days.

adrian dancy
01-30-2016, 12:21 AM
Excellent image and superbly focused with head sharp as a pin.

Andreas Liedmann
01-30-2016, 06:55 AM
Hi Arash agree with this being a nice low key shot .
Nice detail and color .I would tone down parts of the greenery in the BG
I think 1/800 sec is a wee bit slow , and you had plenty of room for pushing the 1Dx in terms of ISO .

TFS Andreas

Satish Ranadive
01-30-2016, 07:11 AM
Excellent flight shot. Wonderful colours, nice details, superb angle of flight, beautiful BG and composition.

Regards,
satish.

Jonathan Ashton
01-30-2016, 10:35 AM
I think you deliberately chose 1/800 hoping the head would be pin sharp and the wings would show slight movement... you succeeded, I wouldn't change a thing.

Steve Kaluski
01-30-2016, 12:09 PM
Hi Arash, I really like the 'dark/moody' setting of this one, the slight softness/motion blurring of the wings sits well against the sharpness of the head, but agree with Andreas, you could push that 1DX. Was f/8 because of the closeness compared to your default f/5.6? Personally I might loose the green vegetation at the end of the tail, may add a bit more standout to the subject?

Nice one. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

David Cowling
01-30-2016, 01:18 PM
I think this is a wonderful image. It has mood and depth and it goes without saying that the techs are spot on. I have enjoyed viewing this.

arash_hazeghi
01-30-2016, 01:37 PM
Hi Arash agree with this being a nice low key shot .
Nice detail and color .I would tone down parts of the greenery in the BG
I think 1/800 sec is a wee bit slow , and you had plenty of room for pushing the 1Dx in terms of ISO .

TFS Andreas

Thanks Andreas

1/800 sec isn't slow for hand holding the 400 DO II which is very light. With bald eagles I wouldn't push the ISO much above 3200, you need to expose for the head and then lift the darker feather in post. plus with 1/800 you can also get a bit of wing blur effect

best

arash_hazeghi
01-30-2016, 01:38 PM
Hi Arash, I really like the 'dark/moody' setting of this one, the slight softness/motion blurring of the wings sits well against the sharpness of the head, but agree with Andreas, you could push that 1DX. Was f/8 because of the closeness compared to your default f/5.6? Personally I might loose the green vegetation at the end of the tail, may add a bit more standout to the subject?

Nice one. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Thanks Steve, you cannot shoot f/5.6 with 400 DO + 2X III. max aperture is f/8

arash_hazeghi
01-30-2016, 01:39 PM
thank you all

Steve Kaluski
01-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Thanks, neglected to see the 2x, as it would, like all the rest, default to f/8 DOH, will say high to your BE in a few weeks, I'll take a large bag of 'Swoop' with me. :wave:

gail bisson
01-30-2016, 03:47 PM
What a wonderful dramatic image.
I like the very slight wing blur,
Gail

Randy Stout
01-31-2016, 07:01 AM
Arash;

Technical details of how an image was created of course are great, and needed as part of the learning process, but what makes this one work is the dark, somber mood, white head and popping against the darks.

I did think about removing some of the green, before reading any comments, so might be worth a try. Generally I do like some detail in the background to add a sense of depth, but this image is all about the mood created.

Cheers

Randy

arash_hazeghi
02-01-2016, 06:54 PM
thank you all

Glenn Conlan
02-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Arash, you have created a very impressive image. This is one of those posts when opened up makes one verbally say WOW! On my 27" retina display it is dynamic. Its hard to make Bald Eagle shots stand out among the hundreds that I have seen but you have done it.

David Salem
02-02-2016, 01:18 AM
Cool frame Arash. The techs look great and I like the unique pose. Not sure if I love the dark BG as the primaries get lost in it and don't stand out well but I like the head highlighted by the far wing. Looks like it's coming in for a landing in the trees. Great job getting him.

arash_hazeghi
02-02-2016, 01:27 AM
Cool frame Arash. The techs look great and I like the unique pose. Not sure if I love the dark BG as the primaries get lost in it and don't stand out well but I like the head highlighted by the far wing. Looks like it's coming in for a landing in the trees. Great job getting him.

Thanks Dave, I have many bald eagle shots under my belt but none quite like this one, here it was my intention to have the body kind of blend in with the BG to give it a somber mood. On my screen I can actually see the edges of the primaries against the dark....

He wasn't actually landing just passing by...

hope all is well

Cheers,