View Full Version : Theme European Robin

adrian dancy
01-29-2016, 01:25 PM
Another bird with the feet blurred in camera by snow. Baited

Canon 40D , Canon 100-400 @400mm
ISO 320
f6.3
1/500

Processed with Elements 2. The image has been lifted from another site and resized and I have cloned out a Christmas message that had been inserted. Canvas had been added to the top/left and an appropriate crop made. Levels, saturation and sharpening applied.

Diane Miller
01-29-2016, 05:30 PM
Very nice! You've been feeding this little guy too much!! :S3:

I'm wondering about a very slight reduction in saturation, and possibly a bit of crop from the right, to move the bird a little off center. The detail in the snow will serve as a little balance.

David Cowling
01-29-2016, 05:46 PM
I like the head on pose, good to see both eyes. Nice detail on the feathers but agree to a little desaturation. I don't mind the central placement of the bird. I think that central sometimes works and it works here IMHO.

Randy Stout
01-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Adrian:

Great POV, snow gives a pleasant fade effect. I don't know this bird well enough to comment on its color, but do agree with Diane that it appears pretty saturated.

Do you use seed attract him? Our robins don't come to the feeders, rather they work the ground for worms and such.

Cheers

Randy

keith mitchell
01-30-2016, 04:13 AM
Lovely artistic shot Adrian, love the way the bird blends with the bg and it's feet in the snow, very nice indeed.

Keith.

Andreas Liedmann
01-30-2016, 06:02 AM
Hi Adrian , lovely low POV and a nice DOF . Tones do look good but the color is just a wee bit too strong for my taste .
Nice work , TFS Andreas

Satish Ranadive
01-30-2016, 07:09 AM
Excellent image. Very nice pose and composition.

Regards,
satish.