PDA

View Full Version : marsh wren

Dave Slaughter
06-08-2008, 01:06 PM
This is my first post to this forum and I hope it belongs here. The photo was taken with a canon Xti camera, 400 mm f5.6 lens with a kenko 1.4x teleconverter. The image is cropped and a few out of focus cattail stems were cloned from the side of the picture. Other equipment included a tripod with ball head and waders.

Steve Canuel
06-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Welcome Dave. Nice pose, comp, and colors on this one. Maybe just a tad more sharpening on the bird.
Steve

Axel Hildebrandt
06-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Very nice singing pose, eye contact, perch and complementing BG. I agree on more sharpening of the bird and would crop a bit off the right and left to get the bird out of the center. Keep them coming!

Roman Kurywczak
06-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Hi Dave,
Agree with Axel all around...............IMO the crop would certainly strenghten the comp. Very nicely captured in song!

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Great timing to catch this little wren singing and a very pleasing perch and pose. I agree about the cropping and sharpening !!! Thanks for sharing Dave.

borisbelchev_bspb
06-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Welcome Dave, i'm novice also so i'll not try to give advice, but i will keep learning from those nice people....

John Chardine
06-08-2008, 07:53 PM
This is really nice, and sure it belongs! I agree with the crop comments. Some exposure info would be useful. It looks like there might be some movement of the subject or the camera, causing slight softness. I noticed the small size of the image. You could have saved it as a jpeg up to 200 k which would reduce jpeg anomalies. Though not obvious here, anomalies can contribute to overall softness of the image.

Fabs Forns
06-09-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm sure the softness is caused partly because of the tele-converter, and third party at that. HAving said that, you could work on the image, crop it a bit on both sides to get a vertical, and then sharpen a bit more.

Looking forward to more and thanks for getting your feet wet posting :)

Gus Cobos
06-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Great capture and pose,
A wee bit more sharpening would be the ticket...I like the perch...:D