PDA

View Full Version : Thirsty

Neil Williams
01-28-2016, 11:06 AM
I took this picture while visiting Tanzania......I used my Nikon D810 and 600mm lens with these settings;
ISO640
1/640
f6.3
Auto WB

Jonathan Ashton
01-28-2016, 12:12 PM
It looks in focus but the fine detail is not quite there, I have to admit I am a recent converts to higher shutter speeds. 600mm and 1/640 sec even with stabilisation I think can be a little hit and miss because you will usually have slight movement in subject even if not in camera/lens.
The angle of the image would have been better if you were able to have been further round to the right (easy to say sitting here I know!).

Neil Williams
01-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Looking at a lot of my other photos I would agree with you. The last two days I switched to shooting at f8 and using the rear wheel set to Easy ISO and Just adding ISO to keep the SS above 1/1000 sec
Looking at those pictures there is a marked improvement in focus sharpness even up to ISO 3200

Morkel Erasmus
01-30-2016, 05:43 PM
Nice low shooting angle here Neil.
I agree with Jonathan on the "angle" of the lioness towards your focal plane, nothing you can do except change positioning?
Something looks off on the colour here, the grass should be green but looks cyan, and the lioness has some magenta coming through...easy to tweak the WB in RAW or even after taking into Photoshop.

Neil Williams
01-31-2016, 01:49 PM
Yea my WB was off. I've since corrected it. Thanks for the feed back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk