PDA

View Full Version : I am watching you ....

Andreas Liedmann
01-28-2016, 05:56 AM
Hi folks , another one from Helgoland
Large bull photographed during my leave from the dune island back to the main island where i stayed .
This guy was very relaxed with my close presence , i had to whistle slightly to get his attention , as i was a bit in a rush as the last ferry was close to leaving .

Canon EOS 1Dx
Ef 500 IS L II + 1,4 tc
HH

Settings: F 13 ; Iso 20.000 ; 1/1000 sec ; TV mode ; evaluate metering

Shot as portrait ; cropped to 4X5 from the top and bottom , so no more room left or right

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC

Thanks for looking and commenting to my last posting

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
01-28-2016, 06:41 AM
Good to see the capture not alluding you with ramping up the ISO, hope others may try it and avoid slow/soft images at times.

Sadly I wished for a bit more on the LHS, but appreciate this may have been a little rushed due to the ferry and so no chance of quickly rotating and firing off a few frames in landscape format too??? Nice detail and love the eye, the light was certainly on your side, might drop the two highlights close to the RHS of the nose.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
01-28-2016, 06:59 AM
Thanks Steve , i just wanted this vertical !!!!
So i actually forgot about the landscape in this situation , having in mind the numerous other close ups shot in landscape , there would have been time to just quickly rotate the kit and fire some shots ....
i have some landscape of this guy, but from a different angle ....
With hindsight i have to agree i should have just moved the kit slightly to the left .
I also have other frames of this guy with frontal view , but not with F 13 they have been taken with F8 or F9 , as then came the DOF into play ...

Anyway thank you

Steve Kaluski
01-28-2016, 07:11 AM
No worries, just a thought and no what you mean about DoF. I want to push again the 200-400 (f/16) just to see just how much vib, does rattle down the barrel.

haseeb badar
01-28-2016, 07:30 AM
Hi Andreas -- Excellent result at that high iso ! Nice exposure and DOF choice is spot on . I too feel it is a bit tight from LHS but then we know the story behind this . good image though . TFS !

Rachel Hollander
01-28-2016, 08:34 AM
Andreas - First thing I thought was too tight on the left so definitely agree with the others. Of course, this is easy to say in hindsight. Great job on the dof.

TFS,
Rachel

Jonathan Ashton
01-28-2016, 12:14 PM
It works for me, the image quality is remarkable well done.

Mike Poole
01-29-2016, 09:28 AM
Crazy IQ for the ISO! Do I applaud you or Canon or both???

Love the light on this fella, but have to agree that a bit of extra space on the left would have pushed this shot up a notch or 2

Mike

Andreas Liedmann
01-29-2016, 10:02 AM
Thanks Haseeb, Jon, Rachel and Mike for your comments , as always much appreciated .
Yes folks as stated above with hindsight a slight move to the left would have been a tiny bit better :wave:

Anette Mossbacher
01-29-2016, 11:09 AM
I wrote yesterday already my 5 cents to this and the website just didn't posted it.

Oh well, all looks spot on to me and I do not miss here any space. Love the look... I gave a smile back to him, he deserves it :S3:

Love what you did with the ISO 20000 and yes I do my bit on this one :w3:wave:

Wish you a great weekend

Ciao Anette

Andreas Liedmann
01-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Thanks so much Anette for your kind comment , yes do bite .... but i hope your teeth are strong enough for this :w3