PDA

View Full Version : Flower Field

Anette Mossbacher
01-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Long time ago.... African elephant bull was feeding on this flowers, while a large herd was further off to the right eating all other yellow flowers! :w3

This was taken in 2007 in Kruger. That time it was raining every day for 1-2 hours, while nature started to bloom.

Anyway, I did not much on this image. LR normal things, in PS levels midtowns and some details, just not to many details. Could be more, but naaa I like it that way.

Canon 5D old model which came first out

Lens: EF 300mm f/4 L IS & 1.4ext. all old stuff and sold already

ISO 100 f/6.3 1/320sec yep I know, should be a bit faster, but at that time this was enough :t3

Have a great evening

Ciao Anette

haseeb badar
01-28-2016, 12:45 AM
Hi Anette - The flowers are providing a very pretty FG and the colour of the bull in contrast looks beautiful too . Colours and PP work looks good to me . Do you have any other frame where the Bull had moved further more in the clearing ? that shrub on its right is robbing us of a clear view of the elephant and is acting as a distracting element , but then it is all part of the nature .

TFS !

keith mitchell
01-28-2016, 04:58 AM
Anette the colour on these flowers lift the whole image, must admit I don't mind the Elephant being partially obscured, magnificent beast very well photographed.

Keith

Steve Kaluski
01-28-2016, 05:43 AM
Hi Anette, goes to show, with a good exposure and being sharp, old gear works. :S3:

Like the overall comp, but would like a bit more above, it's a we bit tight personally, perhaps it's the larger ratio of grass/flowers to sky???? I can see where Haseeb is coming from re the rear, but not a deal breaker.

Don't forget you can go to 1200px wide. :w3

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
01-28-2016, 08:29 AM
Hi Anette - Looks good and illustrates that it is worth it to go through old files and process with newer software. Looks like the light was a bit harsh but handled well. The bush is not a deal breaker for me. I agree with a little less flowers in the fg and a bit more sky but overall the image works.

TFS,
Rachel

Jonathan Ashton
01-28-2016, 12:18 PM
I like the shot and the composition but I think it would be improved if there was a little off the base and more on the top.

Anette Mossbacher
01-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Thank you everybody for your time to comment. No idea if I have cropped this image. I did quite a while ago. I just used the layer file and edited what I have gained so far on processing and threw out a few crap layers! Will have a look in the RAW files if I have cropped it.

I actually like the flowers in the FG and do not like the sky :eek3:must be me! :w3

Hasseb, I also do not mind about the bush, since I personally look more on the nelly head!

When I have cropped this image I will repost with more sky and less flowers and brand new processed. Maybe it looks than different :wave:

Thank you everybody again for all your input

Have a great evening

Ciao Anette

Andreas Liedmann
01-29-2016, 09:59 AM
Hey Anette works for me as presented , and IQ does look ok for the old kit .
I might try to change the Hue of the greenery to a more green/blue side to make the yellow flowers stand out even more .

TFS Andreas

WDYT ?

Anette Mossbacher
01-29-2016, 11:04 AM
Aaah, see, the hue thing does the job. Thanks so much Andreas. Looks great to me now with my beloved flowers :bg3:

Wish you a great weekend

Ciao Anette

Steve Kaluski
01-29-2016, 11:33 AM
'Picture postcard' - now Anette. :cheers:

Anette Mossbacher
01-29-2016, 11:34 AM
Just right to jump into the flowers Steve :wave:

Andreas Liedmann
01-29-2016, 11:44 AM
Anette it was not just only changing the simple hue of the greenery ...... a bit more complex with masking etc

The base was an extreme LAB technique where you tear all the colors apart after you select the greenery , that makes colors visible that you normally not see ..... then you have to temper the edit down to a degree when it looks good to you .

Funny enough this is from the " Picture Postcard Workflow " a thing that is really existing . If you have flat colors with not much separation ....... then this will help to separate !!!

Anette Mossbacher
01-29-2016, 11:46 AM
Thanks so much Andreas, will have a look into that stuff the I have the time to do so. Otherwise I just paint one flower after the other :w3

Ciao Anette