PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy Grey Seal

Andreas Liedmann
01-27-2016, 04:54 AM
Hi folks this is one the few really smaller pups i found during my recent trip to Helgoland , still having the whitish fur . I found more larger pups already having the adult coat in terms of coloration and fur structure , as season was already over for pupping .
Still enough to get some images of the cuties :bg3:

This one was still hanging out with mum and a bull staying close to both , hoping to share his genes :w3 , but mum was not yet willing to share .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L + 1,4 TC
Tripod + gimbal

F 13 ; Iso 1000 ; 1/1250 ; FP point right between the eyes ; metering TV mode

85 % of FF

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

keith mitchell
01-27-2016, 05:04 AM
Andreas your trip to Helgoland as given you opportunities to get some great shots, think I might have mentioned before but I'm amazed at the quality and the texture you get on the fur.

Keith.

Steve Kaluski
01-27-2016, 06:41 AM
Works for me Andreas, nice 'ink pool' eyes, which you get suckered into.

I would look to evicting the grass stems and OOF large pebble, looks cleaner and then you may consider coming in a bit more on the RHS to draw the viewer in, even more.

I'm amazed at the quality and the texture you get on the fur.

Keith there is no reason why you cannot and often you do.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
01-27-2016, 07:11 AM
Hi Andreas - Another fine image from your trip. Nice to see the youngster. Great eye contact and good choice on the dof. Low pov works as always. The only thing I'm not sure about is the comp/crop. It feels slightly awkward to me, sort of in between. I'm wondering if you have more room to the left and what was there? If that doesn't work, a more square comp coming in from the left a bit more seems preferable to me.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
01-27-2016, 08:21 AM
Hi Andreas -- What a lovely image ! super details and IQ . That eye contact nails it for me . loved the white fur and the impact of light on it . Ok with the crop as presented . TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
01-27-2016, 11:43 AM
Thanks folks for your comments , much appreciated .
Keith if you want to see more from this trip just have quick look .... there.. all images are only very basically edited so IQ might be not ideal or meet my personal expectation , but still worth having a look .
Hard life of a Grey Seal youngster ..... born early this winter (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/133247-Hard-life-of-a-Grey-Seal-youngster-born-early-this-winter)
New Seal Generation 2015/2016 (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/133213-New-Seal-Generation-2015-2016)

Steve yes your suggestions are worth a thought and for sure the image does look cleaner then , but for the moment i am ok with it as the distraction is so minimal and hiding nothing of importance :S3:

Rachel yes there is some more room on LHS , but the seal is cut off anyway so i cropped out from LHS , your square suggestion would be also an option but this will end up in pixel bashing :w3 that you also try to avoid !!

Cheers Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
01-27-2016, 03:54 PM
Hi Andreas,

late to the party, but you know already that I love these sweet pies. Glad that you had great weather up there in the north.

Love the smile this little one gives us :w3

Have a great evening

Ciao Anette

Gabriela Plesea
01-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Hello Andreas,

I am loving this! Especially the silky, pearly fur of the seal, eye contact is magic, POV superb. Super techs my Boet and this is so well exposed, sharpness spot-on, nice PP work!

A little too brief and I apologise for this, this week-end I am saying good-bye to my 80 year old Mom who is leaving on Sunday after a three month visit in SA. Will be back to check on your wonderful posts Andreas, thank you for sharing, have a super evening my friend!

Warmest regards,