Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/2000
Av(Aperture Value) 5.6
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 500
Auto ISO Speed ON
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm

I watched this juvenile going up and down the marina, as it dived I anticipated where it would resurface in order to get a close up. The eye had an extra highlight which I removed, you can see the nictitating membrane is half way down the eye. All C& C welcome

arash_hazeghi
01-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Hi Jon

I like the low angle and the soft light plus the small water drops, tack sharp with great details. Good colors and exposure. I might move him a bit higher up in the frame to leave more space between him and the bottom edge. the small specular highlights near the bottom edge 1/3 of the way from the left border could be cloned to reduced distraction

excellent frame TFS.

Mike Poole
01-23-2016, 03:43 PM
You don't get many opportunities like that around our neck of the woods Jon, excellent work making the most of things. Not seen a British diver with that much detail before.

Very impressed with your result here.

Mike

Grace Scalzo
01-23-2016, 05:33 PM
Beautiful, clean image taken from a great low angle. I would like to see more of the bird's body, where you cut it feels a bit abrupt to my eyes. Very pleasing details.

adrian dancy
01-23-2016, 07:03 PM
Excellent! I pretty much concur with Arash's observations.

Randy Stout
01-23-2016, 08:40 PM
Jon:

Sharp, well exposed, lovely water color. Agree about a bit more room below and to the right if available.

All my loons are long gone to Florida now, so left to look back at my older images to get my fix.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
01-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Awesome detail Jon! I love the feather texture on the head and the fine lines on the bill. Yes to having the loon a bit higher in the frame and a bit more body showing. Well done overall.

Satish Ranadive
01-24-2016, 02:04 AM
Excellent image. Wonderful details, superb colours and nice composition.

Regards,
Satish.