PDA

View Full Version : Theme. What's down there?

keith mitchell
01-23-2016, 06:45 AM
Nikon D4
Nikon 300mm 2.8
1/1250 @f6.3
iso2000.

Did a little work at the bottom right hand side of the post.

Thanks for taking a look and your comments on my last post.

Stuart Philpott
01-23-2016, 08:24 AM
Keith first thanks for the offer somewhere,:cheers:sorry for possibly not replying at the moment my schedule is impossibly ,but maybe one day,sorry to digress.

Again wonderful, love the aged post,raised front paw and soft background . But it's that intense gaze that captivates me, magical timing Keith. Keith is the image full frame, and is the f/6.3 because you are very close??

Must dash thanks so much for sharing another i'll never tire of them Keith
:5
Stu

Rachel Hollander
01-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Hi Keith - Another very nice red squirrel image. The weathered post works well as a perch and I like the way the tail cascades down the post. Colors look better again. I just noticed the stripes in the tufts. Do they all have those? Nice soft touch to the pp here. It would seem that Mr. K has another disciple.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
01-23-2016, 09:16 AM
Hi Keith -- Another lovely squirrel image . The pp work is also very good . framing works for me and the colours look very nice , i also liked the pose . i feel a tad more sharpness should be fine for the image , not a deal breaker though .

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
01-23-2016, 09:43 AM
Hi Keith, very nice, although I'm not 100% sure on the square crop, but it does work. I also wondered initially about a tad more DoF due to the distance, you could have pushed that D4, however if the FP was on the head then fine, as I like the tail as it sweeps back as the DoF tails off too. Colour looks good, I think we may have resolved that a while back. Haseeb you may find it looks sharper in PS??? The perch and BKG also looks good and the mossy post has a good depth.

It would seem that Mr. K has another disciple.

Rachel not quite, just pointed Keith in the right direction within PS, some simple tips, Colour synced and a bit of light reading, job done, I hope. :S3:

Well done Keith.

TFS
Steve

Joseph Przybyla
01-23-2016, 09:50 AM
Lovely image, Keith. I would be thrilled if mine. Thank you for sharing.

keith mitchell
01-23-2016, 02:51 PM
Thanks a lot for your comments,Stu was shooting flying Squirrels and wanted the fastest shutter speed ,forgot to change it.Rachel only noticed the stripes in the ear on this one, they are cute.Haseeb think I might have gone a bit over with the sharping of my last post so eased off on this one. Steve that book and your tips do me the world of good. Joe thanks for your kind words.
Keith.

Jonathan Ashton
01-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Absolute KO such delicate detail and wonderful colours - top notch!!

Andreas Liedmann
01-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Hi Keith this is a lovely shot of the squirrel , like the cute pose and the lichen/moss covered post .
Lovely tones and colors , great detail and sharp where needed in the squirrel .
The little help from Steve does seem to help with your editing ......
In this frame i might lower the sharpening in the perch , as it draws my attention , but this could be just me .

Nice work Keith :cheers:

TFS Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
01-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Dear Keith,

I saw the stripes too!
How sweet and delicate this little squirrel is...Very well captured, what I like most is that little paw suspended in the air and the hesitant look on her face. Or is it a he? :bg3:

Nice PP work and I love the colours and tonality. Composition works for me, sharpness is there in good measure but I do agree with Andreas about the perch drawing attention. I hope to bring you some squirrels and mice from the Kalahari, it has been raining there recently and that means lots of flowers and a rich, colourful environment:w3

Keith, I am so enjoying your posts, keep them coming please. Your PP work has improved tremendously and so is your work in the field - keep playing and experimenting! I shall do the same:)

Warmest regards,

keith mitchell
01-25-2016, 02:46 PM
Thanks Jon for your encouraging kind words, much appreciated. Thanks Andreas think you might have a point with the perch now I look at it closely, what you say about my editing is mainly down to your self and Steve ,just hope I don't take two steps back. Thanks a lot Gabriela very much appreciated, hope you find plenty of small things and big ones to go with them, have a great trip.

Keith.

Morkel Erasmus
01-26-2016, 10:13 AM
Love the pose and the soft muted tones here Keith.
Good job on the PP, though I would sharpen the head and face a tad more selectively.

keith mitchell
01-27-2016, 08:18 AM
Morkel,still trying to find the balance in keeping a natural softness to the look of the fur and the amount of sharpening, happy with the body and agree you have a point with the head.

Thanks Keith.

Mark Needham
01-28-2016, 01:59 AM
Hi Keith -- Great pose here with the foot up and eyes looking down. Colors look good and nice smooth BG. I would back off a tad on the sharpening on the stump, but increase the sharpening a tad on the squirrel, especially the face. Great job and TFS.

keith mitchell
01-28-2016, 04:44 AM
Thank you Mark.

Keith.