PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Coast Dawn

David Cowling
01-21-2016, 04:40 PM
Taken at Happisburgh Beach showing the remains of the sea defenses.

Panasonic GF1. Panasonic 14-45 at 14mm. Tripod. ND4 Grad

1/15 @ f22. ISO100

Don Railton
01-21-2016, 11:23 PM
Hi David

Nice Scene.. It took a while before my eye to make it past the fence/ Black cliff into distant shoreline, and i have a feeling you were wanting the viewer to be drawn into that. I am wondering why my eye did not go there and I am pretty sure its because the dark cliff and fence form some sort of a block.. i maybe talking rubbish however. My only other suggestion is that I might prefer not to have the posts above the horizon so the line formed by the horizon helps transport the eye around the image. So a higher POV, this usually helps with reflections also, but in this instance you will loose the close FG rocks. So swings and roundabouts I guess. I also think the blue is a bit strong in the FG, but this is a personal preference for me, many other like it apparently.

DON

Jonathan Ashton
01-22-2016, 06:15 AM
I like the image, I like the composition. I wonder if the sky was made a little more saturated, the image as a whole looks a little cold - it probably was!

Diane Miller
01-22-2016, 03:37 PM
No issues from me -- I find this lovely!

It took a while to notice the hint of magenta reflection on the FG rocks. Did you have a chance to zoom in and play with the FG rocks? I'm thinking of a composition that is bout the bottom half of the existing image with a little removed from the right.

Rachel Hollander
01-23-2016, 10:21 AM
Hi David - I think this is one of your better landscape images. Beautiful colors in the sky. I like the inclusion of the rocks in the fg, the blurred fg and the reflected colors. Only thing I would suggest is watch the halo around the cliff edge.

TFS,
Rachel

Adhika Lie
01-25-2016, 04:37 PM
Beautiful color. I haven't seen this color lately. I've been too busy with other things during the golden hour the past few weeks so this is very much welcomed! :D

Don Lacy
02-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Really nice image David, If this were mine I would use some dodging to accentuate the color reflected in the rocks other then that watch the halos as mentioned.

Morkel Erasmus
02-02-2016, 03:32 AM
Definitely one of your better landscape photos posted here! :5
I do think you needed the same level of detail on the black cliff as you have on the FG rocks - either the rocks also need to be more silhouetted or the cliff needs a hint more detail, as it is they are clashing for me as it makes my brain think the exposure is not natural?

steve torna
02-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Hi David, I really like the image it's very moody and interesting. I might try cropping the sky down to the level of the top of the cliff or slightly below just to shift the horizon a little. You may lose some color but it might simplify things. Good job, I appreciate the chance to view. steve