PDA

View Full Version : I've got my eye on you

Beth Goffe
06-08-2008, 08:41 AM
My last image of the morning at Nickerson Beach yesterday. It was my first time seeing Black Skimmers up close (they often zoomed right over my head) and they're delightful.

Canon 40D, 400f5.6, 1/1250s, f/7.1, EC +2/3, ISO 400

Axel Hildebrandt
06-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Great details, exposure control and wing position. The slightly turned head and open bill add to it. Those skimmers really are fun to watch. Keep them coming!

Daniel Cadieux
06-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Apt title as the eye contact is very good :-) I can only suggest a bit more room all around (except at right), but still a fine image.

Roman Kurywczak
06-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi Beth,
It was very nice meeting you there yesterday at Nickerson........and I remember when you got this.......very nice! The eye is often very difficult to get. I love the open bill........and even though the light was getting a bit hot........the diffusion we had was enough to keep the white from being blown out. Your hard work definitely paid off. Nicely done!

Dave Phillips
06-08-2008, 12:01 PM
very nice Beth..you and Roman both got a few keepers it seems.
Agree about a little more room to "move" into....very nice pp with no
sharpening halo around perimeter......may tone down top of upper mandible just a bit

IMO, a very fine image with super eye contact

Beth Goffe
06-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the comments, everyone! It was nice meeting you too, Roman. I have a feeling we'll be bumping into each other again at Nickerson, much earlier in the morning next time. ;) I hope can I catch some more lucky images with some of the other birds there.

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Very lovely capture and good exposure on a difficult bird. Particularly like the eye contact and catchlight in this image. thanks for sharing.

Gus Cobos
06-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Great capture Beth,
I like the sharp details and open bill...:cool:

Jim Poor
06-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Holy smokes! I had a morning with some of these in FL, but got nothing this nice. The open bill and that eye are just great.