PDA

View Full Version : Off to Helgoland

Andreas Liedmann
01-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Hi folks just decided today after checking the weather forecast for Helgoland i go for a winter shooting of the Seals .
Never been there in winter , so i am excited what i can get !!! if i can get anything ? I am really hoping for lovely winter sun at least on 2 days as per forecast , so folks keep fingers crossed for me .

This image was taken in winter time at Donna Nook .

Canon EOS 1D MK IV
EF 800 5,6 IS L
Tripod

F 8 ; Iso 400 ; 1/400 sec ....... might have gone higher with the ISO :w3.

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC , cropped for comp from bottom and top

Thanks for watching and commenting to my last posting .

Cheers Andreas

Stuart Philpott
01-19-2016, 02:18 PM
The light,the timing the pov the expressions...and the embrace,beautiful Andreas !!!

Have a wonderful time in hegoland

take care
Stu
PS
Andreas would it be possible to tone down the highlight in the right eye of the oof seal on the right it's really grabbing me?

keith mitchell
01-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Real touching moment Andreas,makes a nice picture with one sleepy one and the other wide awake, very nice work ,agree with Stu re the eye.
Must get myself down there it's only about 20 miles.

Keith.

Andreas Liedmann
01-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Thanks Stu and Keith for your comments .....much appreciated .
I already toned down the eye in the OP , but i agree with you it is grabbing too much attention .
So here is a corrected version , just blurred and darkened the HL.

Keith if i would live there ... i would go very often .

Thanks again , Andreas

Rachel Hollander
01-19-2016, 04:26 PM
Hi Andreas - Nice low pov as usual and the blues set off the dark seals well. The eye had to go and the rp is an improvement. Have a great time and I hope the light cooperates.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
01-21-2016, 03:21 AM
Hi ANdreas -- Ah ! what a pose , well seen and captured . Yes the RP helps the image by getting out that twinkle in the eye . The colours , details , sharpness , looks perfect . TFS !

Steve Kaluski
01-22-2016, 02:35 PM
RP works for me now Andreas, trust you had a successful time.

TFS
Steve

keith mitchell
01-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Andreas it was good before but even better without that eye.

Keith.

Andreas Liedmann
01-22-2016, 03:23 PM
Thanks Rachel, Haseeb , Steve and Keith again :wave: for your comments , much appreciated.

Steve i am still on Helgoland , weather is great so far apart from the golden mornings , missed those so far due to fog / clouds . I just only miss the real big boys fighting , but it is too late in the season for stunning fights . Still a lot of seals here , many more than in summer .
I also found 3 smaller whites ,and a 2 day old new born ..... quite late the little guy i hope he will make it . Tomorrow i hope for a real nice sunrise , the forecast does look good ..... but you never know .

Thanks again , Andreas

Loi Nguyen
01-22-2016, 11:34 PM
RP works for me too Andreas. Have a great time! Loi

Mark Needham
01-28-2016, 01:44 AM
RP looks great. Love the low angle and blurred FG. The seal on the left looks like s/he is smiling Great interaction captured with the crossing flippers. Love it!