PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian Goose

Steve Kaluski
01-19-2016, 11:53 AM
Whilst snapping the Herons/Bar Headed Geese, there was an abundance of these guys who became very inquisitive with my presence, perhaps as I was at eye level with them snapping the geese feeding. The light I feel was nice & warm which just gave a nice lift to the overall plumage, albeit a cool morning. The slightly ruffle neck feathers I feel adds to the texture.

Probably could take a sliver more off the top, but I wanted to avoid a square crop, however...

Thanks to those who viewed or posted a comment on the previous thread.

Steve

Subject: Egyptian Goose (Alopochen aegyptiacus) head/bill close-up
Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: 500f/4 MKII, plus 2MKIII Uniqu ball head/Gitzo tripod
Exposure: 1/2000s at f/11 ISO2000
Original format: Portrait, cropped form the top, almost FF on with.
Processed via: LRCC (6.3) & PSCC 2015

William Dickson
01-19-2016, 02:49 PM
I dont think you can getter a better image Steve. The detail and colours are spot on. Lovely pose aswell.

A very nice portrait. Well done

Will

keith mitchell
01-19-2016, 03:00 PM
Can't take my eyes of the eye Steve with it's beautiful detail, all looks excellent.

Keith.

Andreas Liedmann
01-19-2016, 03:19 PM
Hi Steve a yet simple but very stunning portrait of this species .
Just gorgeous looking .
If this was mine i might lower the contrast a fraction from the blacks to the 3/ 4 tones , does look bit heavy to me , but besides that it does look very lovely processed .

Nice work Steve

TFS Andreas

stuart wanuck
01-19-2016, 07:07 PM
detail exellent

Karl Egressy
01-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Excellent portrait shot, Steve. Details and textures are great.

annmpacheco
01-19-2016, 11:16 PM
Regal, and i love the colors. What a terrific portrait.

Steve Kaluski
01-20-2016, 05:12 AM
Thanks guys, nothing earth shattering, but just having some fun in the last few days.

Thanks Andreas, but I'm fine as presented.

Glennie Passier
01-20-2016, 06:47 AM
Steve, this looks like you managed to get this goose to agree to a "studio" portrait. I love the colours and the texture of his feathers.

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

shane shacaluga
01-20-2016, 07:09 AM
Lovely portrait. Great details and BG works perfectly with subject.

That eye is just hypnotic. Could you post a closeup of it?

TFS

Steve Kaluski
01-20-2016, 09:23 AM
Thanks guys.

Shane I'll have a look, as the posting isn't far off FF, so cropping tight in on the eye may not do justice as it would be one **** of a crop and I personally have a thing about that. Let me see and if I feel it's OK I will post it for you.

BTW Let me know if things have improved when you post. :wave:

Cheers
Steve

shane shacaluga
01-20-2016, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys.

Shane I'll have a look, as the posting isn't far off FF, so cropping tight in on the eye may not do justice as it would be one **** of a crop and I personally have a thing about that. Let me see and if I feel it's OK I will post it for you.

BTW Let me know if things have improved when you post. :wave:

Cheers
Steve

No problem, if it looks crap dont post it :)

Will let you know about the recommendations to the processing as soon as I can get out and take some more pics! Its been torrential rains all last night and also today so maybe tomorrow if I am lucky!

Thanks!

Jim Crosswell
01-20-2016, 06:42 PM
A real beauty Steve! I like the pose, HA, IQ, details, exposure, clarity, composition and complimentary BG.