PDA

View Full Version : Flamingo - bathing is over

Lorant Voros
01-19-2016, 07:06 AM
Another flaming image and I'm curious to read your comments. It has also some OOF elements that I'd like to know if you find interesting or disturbing. Thanks in advance.

1DX
700mm
ISO800
f: 8
1/2500
handheld

Joseph Przybyla
01-19-2016, 07:45 AM
Such a treasure you have these birds, Lorant. I look to the Spoonbills in central Florida as being similar, occasionally in the southern part Flamingos are reported. Strays from the Caribbean I think. I like the lines of the head and neck, the leg, the splashing water. Thank you for sharing.

Steve Kaluski
01-19-2016, 07:50 AM
Hi Lorant, I like the image and overall content, bill in the water, water displaced by the Flamingo just adds to the behaviour for me. The low POV just also adds to the composition and real key point in relation to the capture I feel. Perhaps the really OOF bird in the BKG is not ideal, but I would rather get this than not have the capture. The standing subject is just part of the scene for me.

Personally I might reduce the lighter part of the bill to get a bit more depth/form, likewise create some more tonal value within the main subject, it's there I think, just needs a few more tweaks.

One thing I would check is your Workflow for saving for web, are all the relevant check boxes ticked - the file is an RGB one and therefore may not be displaying the image to it's true potential :w3.

TFS
Steve

Dave Johnson
01-19-2016, 08:37 AM
I'd love to have the opportunity to photograph these one day. Composition and light are really nice but it's all the water which makes this one for me. TFS.

Karl Egressy
01-19-2016, 07:39 PM
Love the pose, great action shot, Lorant.