PDA

View Full Version : Theme Snowy owl

gail bisson
01-16-2016, 11:17 AM
Took this in Ottawa 2 years ago with Daniel.
Canon 1Dx 600 mm
ISO 1600 SS 1/200 F 7.1
I can't remember my PP but this is a big crop of about 50% .
Owl baited.
Look closely for a hidden surprise!
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Geoffrey Montagu
01-16-2016, 12:38 PM
Wonderful winter image, Gail. I see the pink tail with bits of fur on perch. Beautiful light, great eye contact, snow falling, and excellent whites. Like your BG too.

Geoffrey

Randy Stout
01-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Gail:

Outstanding eye contact, looking for more snacks I would guess!

Beautiful exposure, nice bg, snow.

I have mixed feelings about the barbed wire, but that is their environment.

Cheers

Randy

christopher galeski
01-16-2016, 01:17 PM
nice capture Gail,like the falling snow,good eye contact,I can see a mouse's nose and wisker's peeping on top of the perch.TFS.

Karl Egressy
01-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Great image, Gail love the falling snow and the stare.
I'll post my version of "Snowy in the snow" shortly as your image made me looking through my files and I found one.

Mike Poole
01-16-2016, 03:05 PM
I just love these Snowy owl shots, beautiful birds.

This is a lovely frame showing those gorgeous eyes off nicely. Excellent quality with the crop, frightening what the modern gear can do when used correctly. As a minor nit, I'd evict the blurred snowflake about to land on the head, but I quite like the perch, has a rustic feel about it.

Mike

John Myers
01-16-2016, 04:26 PM
That is a great picture. No Snowy Owls where I live, just turkey vultures :(

Jim Crosswell
01-16-2016, 04:31 PM
I like the alert pose, exposure, direct stare, winter feel and composition. Excellent image Gail!

Diane Miller
01-16-2016, 07:45 PM
What a great pose and look! Love the snowy environment and the barged wire is OK with me. At least it's old and rusty.

I know they are "snowy" I always wonder if there is just a little more detail to be pulled of the whites in these owls.

dankearl
01-16-2016, 08:33 PM
Something in the perch.
Ver nice snow photo, hard to make work well and this one does.

annmpacheco
01-17-2016, 01:02 PM
I like this Gail and i see the wee whiskers and pink nose of the mouse lying in the notch or v shape on top of the perch. I think the barbed wire adds interest and the golden eyes are just beautiful. Well done.

Stu Bowie
01-17-2016, 02:19 PM
Hi Gail, better eye contact, you couldnt ask for better, and that the eyes are full. I like how the Snowy is perched what seems like the edge of the perch, and that the frame is filled with falling snow.

I can see a version coming up from the bottom inline with the lighter snow BG. It would also eliminate some of the barbed wire. :w3