PDA

View Full Version : Red Fox Confrontation.

Daniel Cadieux
01-13-2016, 09:05 PM
This fella looks menacing, but in reality it was just being curious. Right after I took a few frames of this pose I was in the process of upping the ISO when it stepped down and away. It was a relief seeing sharp frames on the monitor...good thing my slow-SS hand holding technique came through!

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/160s., f/4, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, original vertical comp slightly cropped to help the comp.

Rachel Hollander
01-13-2016, 10:00 PM
Hi Daniel - What great eye contact and an inquisitive look that you captured. The colors of the fox against the dark green bg works really well as does the vertical comp. Sharpness looks good.:S3:

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
01-14-2016, 02:48 AM
what a lovely pose, and I like the complimenting colours very much
seems very sharp and the exposure on the whites is on the money
best wishes to you for 2016, Daniel! :5

Anette Mossbacher
01-14-2016, 03:06 AM
Hi Daniel,

the fox looks great and the eye contact. I might would lighten a tad more the eyes. Comp and framing works very well in this images. Love the colours of the fox and BG.

Have a great day

Ciao Anette

keith mitchell
01-14-2016, 07:54 AM
Daniel that dark bg sets your Fox off beautifully, good the way he as his feet up on the log giving a very nice pose.

Keith.

Jonathan Ashton
01-14-2016, 09:23 AM
Lovely image the shallow DOF really concentrates attention on those eyes! Great pose and setting, I am extremely envious of your foxes!..and woodland!

Gabriela Plesea
01-14-2016, 01:47 PM
Hello Daniel,

Love the inquisitive pose from this Red Fox!

I too like the shallow DOF here, brings out those lovely eyes and that super-cute button of a nose.

Superb BG, the FG/log is a tad too sharp IMO and slightly detracts from the subject, although the eye contact and sharpness of facial features (nose, forehead) make up for it to a great extent.

Very special capture Daniel, I wish I had the opportunity to "meet" this character or one of its relatives some day!

Enjoyed viewing, thank you so much for sharing,

Warmest regards,

Andreas Liedmann
01-14-2016, 02:49 PM
Hi Daniel well this is another fine frame of the fox , love the head on view , overall tones and colors . I might temper the oranges a fraction as just my personal pref .
You have achieved nice fine detail and sharpness , just a very steady hand you must have though .
Very nice IQ for the very often blamed 7D .
Love the soft BG that gives a nice separation to the subject .

Overall a lovely Fox image .

TFS Andreas

Mark Needham
01-14-2016, 11:34 PM
Another killer fox image from you, Daniel! Love the head-on alert pose, colors (orange on nice dark green BG), and detail extracted. :5

haseeb badar
01-15-2016, 04:12 AM
WoW Daniel -- This looks so beautiful , the colours of the fox have come out so well . The Sharpness and IQ is very good and the vertical framing works perfectly well here . TFS this beautiful image !!

Dennis Behn
01-15-2016, 04:42 PM
Daniel, this shot and your recent Pine Martin are just plain superb, no matter what camera you used! Background in both shots really set off the animal.