PDA

View Full Version : Agua Nueva

Steve Wheeler
06-07-2008, 09:59 PM
One more rock for now... This is one of my favorite pieces. It's an Agua Nueva agate from Mexico. Agate formation theory is exactley that... a theory... and there are several out there, but no one really knows for sure. When I see something like this the first thing that comes to my mind is "How in the world did that form?" I've owned this piece for many years and just about every time look at it I ask myself the same question.

30D & 100 f2.8 Macro, ISO 100, f32 @ 0.8 sec.

Steve

When I originally shot all these I had the camera teathered to the computer, but did not use mirror lock up. I'm wondering if that is going to help in sharpness... Although these don't look that bad to me.

Any suggestions about shooting these things you all might have I'm all ears!

Thanks!

John Cooper
06-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Yes Steve I can see why this would be one of your favourites!! Most interesting formations - reminds me of blood clot in a blood vessel but thats just the pathologhy background in me!!
I like the way you have composed the finger-like projections and the great detail exhibited here - well done!

Mike Moats
06-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Hey Steve, very wild abstractyy look. Great color and details. Like the diagonals on the main lines.

Fabs Forns
06-08-2008, 08:09 PM
I like this one a lot, great colors and patterns!

Roman Kurywczak
06-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Hi Steve,
I might want a bit more room on the finger that is clipped.......everything else is right on for me including sharpness.

Steve Wheeler
06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Thank you all for your comments!

Steve